Asiamarket Operation Engineer Developer - Java
- 上海, 上海市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
See job description for details
Team / Project Background:
Asia Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) provides technology leadership to the growing Asian Businesses across Asia Pacific and Japan, combining a unique mix of business enablement and regulatory, risk and control initiatives / platforms. We service a diverse and ever challenging landscape of:
- 17 markets and 30+ exchanges across Asia, including Japan and Australia
- institutional, investment management and wealth clients transacting the full product suite
- 100+ regulators, and 40,000+ regulatory filings per year
- 150+ local market platforms, along with the full suite of global platforms
The Asia Operations Engineering (AOE) Team within Asia OCT develops and supports applications to facilitate and support business expansion into new markets in the Asia Pacific region for the Institutional Securities business. This includes the creation and continued support of banking platforms across Asia (e.g. China Bank, Korea Bank, etc).
The Team offers a challenging position as a Senior Cross-Platform Developer. Projects involve deliver innovative solutions to Operations in Asia that aim to reduce risks, improve client services and increase efficiency.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the AOE development team. This role has responsibility to do hands-on development, testing and deployment of technical solutions to support efficiency, capacity improvements and business re-engineering for the business unit. This role offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and friendly environment locally and globally. It would suit someone who is looking to utilize and expand his/her applications development skills in a fast growing team.
Typical SDLC project life cycle:
- Get requirements from business analyst (other IT groups or directly from business unit personnel)
- Analyze the required work, have the work prioritized, work out the effort estimate/time lines
- Implement the new functionality
- Unit test/code review/QA testing
- Perform UAT with clients
- Schedule/negotiate a production delivery date
- Roll out the changes into production and verify that all is well
New team members will be mentored through the whole process by an experienced member.
The work would involve implementation and extension of various platform components. Interactions with the business and tight collaboration with geographically distributed team will be involved.*LI-JZ1
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience in software development, particularly in n-tier architecture which span across multiple platforms
- Excellent programming skills using Java
- Strong relational database skills on Sybase / DB2
- Hands On development experience in banking/financial industry will be a plus
- Working knowledge on cross platform systems running on Windows and Linux OS
- Good English read/write skill and proficient oral English communication capability
- Good Chinese read/write skill and proficient oral Chinese communication capability
( OS: Unix/Linux, Windows; Databases: Sybase; Languages: Java, C++)