Lead Developer in Pioneer
- 上海, 上海市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
See job description for details
The Pioneer department is looking for an experienced lead developer to join the team in Shanghai. The candidate will partner with other technology departments to execute future state data architecture strategy for Morgan Stanley.
The Pioneer vision is a multi-year effort to simplify the firm’s data architecture front-to-back with the goals of reducing infrastructure and manpower costs, improving the ability to demonstrate control for data, empowering developers by providing consistent means of data handling.
Pioneer is a team with 30+ people globally, distributed between London, New York and Shanghai. We are engaged in a wide array of projects touching virtually every single vertical asset class and horizontal function.
· The role responsibilities will include being working with any number of technology teams supporting different business lines or functions, with the goal of understanding and documenting their front-to-back architecture, identifying gaps and problems, then developing a roadmap for the evolution of that architecture and also executing on the roadmap.
· The candidate will need to have a strong technical focus and demonstrable experience of architecting technology solutions. He/She should be able to collaborate with other teams to design and develop interfaces across various platforms (databases, message queue, data services)
· The candidate will also be responsible to develop our own technology stack – object model API, Pioneer Data Catalog
· Additional responsibilities include embedding with other teams to integrate applications with data interfaces and automated testing based on Consumer Driven Contracts
· The role also involves working with people from multiple areas across the firm and offers many opportunities to build a wide and diverse network to have broad impact across different departments.*LI-AW1
· 4+ years software development experience
· Working knowledge of Database with fundamentals in database designing/modelling
· Working knowledge in XML, JSON
· Hands-on experience in building systems with considering different architectural principles(n-tier, microservices etc)
· Hands-on experience of both green-field design/build and renovating on existing systems
· Strong communication & influencing/networking skills.
· Strong business analysis and project management skills
· Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to document and explain to multiple stakeholders
· Team leadership experience
· Good team collaboration especially in global team across different geographical locations
· Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
· Working experience in finance services industry
· Hands-on experience of contributing to, or leverage Open Source software
· Experience of integrating vendor software into an enterprise.