Production Management Integration Engineer - Scirpting/Linux
- 上海, 上海市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
See job description for details
Market Data Distribution System Engineer
The Market Data Production Management team maintains systems and applications that disseminate market data that comes into the firm. The focus is on maintaining highly available systems that can process & distribute large quantities of data with very low latency. These systems carry all real-time data such as stock prices, index values, option prices, and fixed income instruments. The role involves not only maintaining the real-time data distribution platforms but also referential, historical, time series data and firm contributions
This position is within the Asia Market Data Distribution Platform Integration and engineering role to be placed in the Shanghai office. The person will be part of a Far East Regional Operations team of engineer level resources who will be responsible for much of the day to day running of the market data plant including the production management of the software developed by the global development teams. Alongside the Integration team is a Market Data Systems Developer offering technical assistance and technical education.
This position will be integral with the existing Global Market Data operations, engineering and development teams and will take direction from there.*LI-AW1
- UNIX/Linux scripting: Candidates need to be proficient in navigating UNIX servers, have good knowledge of the majority of operational functions in UNIX and be able to read / write and maintain UNIX shell scripts.
- PERL/Python scripting: Candidates should have some exposure to PERL / Python as a scripting language as a minimum. The deeper the knowledge the better.
- Networking (e.g. TCP/IP): Additional technical skill on the networking side ; understand the concepts of TCP/IP and UDP connectivity and data transfer. Knowledge of multicast is an advantage.
- UNIX/Linux operating systems: Candidates should understand UNIX concepts in order to perform resource monitoring, and be able to tune operating system parameters according to applications requirements.
- Problem solving skills: Must be able to tackle problems based on limited information, be able to seek out solutions and work around problems. They need to be able to do this in the short term for quick outage resolution as well as proactive problem elimination.
- Interpersonal skills/communication - Good quality English speaking is essential as there is regular interaction with peer teams, internal clients, vendors and suppliers in any other region. Candidates must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to minimize misunderstandings and to ensure fast and accurate dissemination of information.
- Database Technology
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Project Management
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP/7