Shanghai Intermediate Cross-Platform Developer
- 上海, 上海市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
See job description for details
Team / Project Background:
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) is an innovation-driven organization comprised of functionally aligned development teams who develops strategic solutions that support key business processes including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance. Asia OCT provides technology leadership to the growing Asian Businesses across Asia Pacific and Japan, serving a diverse landscape of 17 markets and 30+ exchanges and combining a unique mix of business enablement and regulatory, risk and control initiatives / platforms.
The Axiom Center Of Excellence (AxiomCoE) offers a challenging position as Intermediate Cross-Platform Developer. Projects involve delivering strategic solutions and architecture renovation to support the critical regulatory reporting business functions for Asia / Global Operations and Legal & Compliance to reduce risks and improve efficiency and to meet the ever growing demand driven by new businesses, renovation initiatives, regulatory changes, etc.
The successful candidate will play a key developer role in the Axiom Center of Excellence Team which Morgan Stanley set up in Shanghai. This role has the responsibility for hands-on development of industry leading technical solutions to support the growing regulatory reporting demand for the business units. This encompasses most of the systems development lifecycle from technical design, development, testing to implementation, employing the most appropriate technologies such as Java, Shell Script, Sybase on the Windows / Linux platforms and the industry leading vendor software such as Axiom ControllerView, which is a global leader in the regulatory reporting space for financial institutions.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and friendly environment locally and globally. It would suit someone who is looking to utilize and expand his/her applications development skills and experience.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to understand User and Functional Requirements
- Conduct Technical Design, create Design Prototype and Design Specifications. Be able to understand business needs and translate into technology solutions
- Implement the requirements using the latest firmwide technologies and approved global solutions
- Perform Unit / System / Integration / QA / Regression Testing, and create testing documentation
- Coordinate with users on User Acceptance Testing and provide testing support
- Create detailed turnover runbook. Execute turnovers and perform post-turnover verification
- Provide Level 3 production support.*LI-JZ1
Required technical skills:
- Minimum 2-4 years of hands-on experience in software development
- Excellent programming skills using Java & Unix Shell Scripting
- Excellent relational database skills on Sybase / DB2
- Good knowledge of systems development life cycle
- Good knowledge, skills and abilities to perform high quality software testing
- Experience on Axiom / XML / SOAP / Informatica is preferred but not essential
Required professional skills:
- Enthusiasm for and interest in learning and applying new technologies to solve real world business problems
- Pursuit for perfect delivery quality in a zero-error-tolerance environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills including ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- Highly organized, self-motivated, result-oriented, and proactive with capability to work with minimal supervision
- A strong can-do attitude
- Creative and flexible while observing policies, rules and standards
- Demonstrate highly proficient written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent.