Unix Automation Engineer
- 上海, 上海市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
See job description for details
Unix Systems Engineer
This is a role in the Listed Sales and Trading team (LST). The focus of the role is on managing a large and complex plant of servers and running processes across Asia. Within the plant there are development, testing and production environments, each of which has strict and demanding requirements for reliability, up-time, performance and scalability. The production plant is used to support MS equity trading systems. The development and testing plants are used to support developers writing enhancements and upgrades to those systems. The core customers are therefore both traders and trading system developers.
This role would be responsible for
1. Commissioning and deploying new servers and processes where required.
2. Undertaking all relevant system and process upgrades, and related testing, support and deployment.
3. Implementing improved processes and automation to support the above efforts and as well as to provide better support to developers working in these environments.
4. Third-line support on all servers and processes within the plant (first and second-line support are provided by another team)
Some weekend/evening work may be required on a periodic basis to implement changes during system maintenance windows (typically early evening / Saturday morning) and third-line, on-call support on a roster basis (typically roughly one week in four) will also be required.*LI-MW
- 3 to 5 years? experience working in a complex, multi-server, multi-processor 24 x 6 Unix environment
- Demonstrated history of successfully undertaking automation in such an environment using tools such as Perl/Python
- Strong UNIX / Linux skills
- Strong English communication skills are essential as this role involves frequent interactions with IT teams across Asia (as well as Europe and the US)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to cooperate with team-members in distributed locations, from different background and cultures.
- Basic knowledge of core enterprise technologies such as virtual disks, virtual pcs, clustering, job-scheduling etc
- Basic knowledge of computer systems, data structures and algorithms
Advantageous but not essential:
- Basic web development skills
- Knowledge of KDB
- Knowledge of C++, Java or other OO programming languages
- Basic relational database skills (SQL, DB design, etc.)
- Technology-related degree