Legal Coverage (China) , VP
- 北京, 北京市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Legal and Compliance Division helps preserve the Firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world while maintaining cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm’s businesses.
The Greater China Legal Coverage Group currently seeks a Beijing-based lawyer to be a critical member of this team to provide legal coverage for the entire jurisdiction across all of Morgan Stanley’s business lines with a focus in commercial banking and fixed-income products trading. This lawyer will head the legal function of Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Limited and, within the Morgan Stanley Group, report directly to Greater China Head of Legal with key responsibilities as follows:
• Provide legal support to the business and corporate governance of Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Limited.
• Provide legal advice on all PRC-related legal, compliance and regulatory issues across all business lines and all onshore/offshore platforms.
• Work on platform expansion initiatives relating to the Firm’s franchise in China, including building/investing into joint ventures, applying for new licenses etc.
• Work alongside Compliance to build and maintain regulatory relationship with the Firm’s regulators in different locations and for different businesses.
• Provide advice on franchise risk protection. *LI-GK2
• US/UK/HK/Singapore/Australia plus PRC qualified lawyer.
• More than 6 years of post-qualification experience preferably at a leading financial institution in China or an international law firm.
• Solid legal advisory experience in China-related transactions in the financial services industry.
• Practical knowledge of PRC laws and regulations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (including legal drafting) in English and Mandarin (Simplified Chinese), fluency in Cantonese advantageous.
• Presentable and proactive team player with flexibility and attention to detail