Credit Risk Support Analyst #101457
- Credit Suisse Asia
Credit Risk Support Analyst #101457
The Risk Support team is a strategic front office support team, part of APAC GM IT. This global team, made up of highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supports the global risk systems for the Credit business with both FO and BO users in APAC, London and New York. The team support the global Investment Bank's risk functions and as such have to provide global coverage and ensure production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day. Over the past few months, the team has expanded to cover a DevOps function that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a range of tools and processes for assisting with management of the risk runs as well as resource optimisation on the middle tier hardware and compute grid.
- Gain a good technical and business focused understanding of Credit Suisse's FID businesses and our technical implementation.
- Work effectively with team members in other locations situated globally, including London, NY, Tokyo and Zurich.
- Provide domain expertise in some or all of the following business processes: Market Data Management, Valuation, P&L attribution/reporting, Price Testing, Structured Trade Analysis and Risk Reporting.
- Build role into an escalation point for complex support issues requiring FID business knowledge.
- Relationship management of Business / IT clients and teams globally, ability to craft and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Handle the relationship with the development teams and drive the support sponsored improvement initiatives.
- Run the Risk systems in APAC for the FID space.
- Crisis/Incident Management, raising with appropriate urgency. Ensuring team follow the prescribed incident & problem management process.
- Ensure that the team's Service-Level Agreements for issue resolution and remediation are adhered to.
- Dedicatedly pick up and resolve all application issues and business queries from Traders, Middle office, Product Control and Operations clients.
- Responsible for minimizing downtime/outages/issues of all systems supported by core risk team.
- Identify and drive efficiencies in support tasks enabling the support team to be more effective.
- Handle development releases to Production, ensuring stability and maintaining quality & efficiency.
- Work with development managers to reduce the support profile of existing applications. Drive the resolution of recurring issues at a systemic level.
- Build and track a book of work for support, especially relating to follow-ups for reoccurring issues and actions from Problem tickets.
- Work with development team on improving the environment (remediate EOL infrastructure, identify single point of failures etc.).
- Provide business and technical leadership to the team.
- Ensure that the team's Knowledge Base up to date and dedicatedly maintain documentation and implement knowledge review processes
- Good experience with Relational databases (MS-SQL/Oracle/Sybase).
- Solid experience in at least one scripting language (Perl/PowerShell/VBS/etc.).
- Knowledge of middleware technologies (EMS/MQ/etc.).
- Understanding of distributed systems & grid computing.
- Experience with Windows (Windows Server 2008).
- Experience with .NET framework and C#/F#.
- Experience with MS Excel.
- Experience supporting and running EOD or Intraday Risk Management systems.
- You have experience with Credit products, particularly CDS and Loans.
- Fair understanding of PnL and risk sensitivities.
- Experience of business and operational processes in the IB Risk industry.
- Oral communication skills including the ability to actively listen.
- Written communication skills - clear, understandable and unambiguous documentation and emails are a part of the role.
- Ability to concisely explain problems and propose solutions.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in both the Business and IT.
- Organised and incredibly proactive.
- Ability to learn new business situations and technology quickly.
- Happy with a highly challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving ability and resilience.
- Analytical mind set