Database & Marketing Strategy Professional #51927
- Tampa, FL, 美国
- New York Life Insurance Company
Database & Marketing Strategy Professional #51927
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Database & Marketing Strategy Professional will support the development and execution of new marketing initiatives that are driving significant sales growth at New York Life. This person will be responsible for understanding available customer data elements, relating them to strategic business ideas, and developing sophisticated marketing campaigns using marketing automation software, like IBM Campaign.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of database table and query structures, has experience working in support of marketing campaigns, and is able to relate and communicate complex data related issues in a business context. Applicants must be self-starters with a strong sense of curiosity and be detail oriented. They will be empowered and expected to improve upon existing procedures and workflows as the unit evolves and continues to grow in scale.
1. Support the strategic development of new sales ideas and business case analyses based on understanding available customer data sources. Uses available data and identifies and recommends new sources of data in innovative ways to provide insight and propel innovations.
2. Leads the development and recommendation of simple and complex marketing programs (via IBM Campaign) in a timely and accurate manner to drive new sales growth and support the expansion of marketing efforts. Viewed as the technical expert on the Agency Inforce Marketing team, combines business insight and knowledge of available data with superior campaign execution and technical expertise.
3. Leads day-to-day and small-moderate scope projects involving Technology support like database changes and application upgrades; supports channel managers on larger Technology initiatives as well.
4. Develops and executes or recommends system enhancements for improving the operations of database marketing programs. Seeks improvement in existing operational and technical processes to make the work of the team more efficient.
5. Research data or logic related issues by partnering with program managers when questions from support areas arise. Serve as a back up program manager as needed while developing the experience to manage programs over time.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree - Marketing Technology, Marketing Analytics, Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar
- 3-5 years minimum level of experience in Database Marketing, Marketing Technology, or similar fields
Specific technical knowledge/skills required:
- Expertise with Excel, Access, and database query applications like TOAD, Showcase, etc…
- Expertise with marketing automation software packages like Unica/IBM Campaign, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, etc...
- Working experience of database structure, queries, and reporting techniques in support of business objectives
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think steategically
- Self motivated, independent and flexible
- Understands how available customer data can be applied within campaign management technology (IBM Campaign) to further expand support offered to client marketing programs.
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments, and allocate time efficiently.
- Demonstrates understanding of the customer marketing strategy and sales goals. Navigates data and applies it in support of making valuable business decisions, to drive growth and innovation in the channel.
- Reviews processes and procedures in place today; innovates to add further efficiency to the work of the team.
- Possesses knowledge of how customer marketing strategies can affect other areas, and can communicate clearly when changes are necessary to minimize impacts to goals and processes.
- Serves as the team's technical expert as it relates to the Unica software, lending knowledge to teammates. Combines business insight and knowledge of available data with superior campaign execution, and leads the development of complex/nontraditional marketing programs in Unica.
- Must work with limited supervision and assume responsibility for campaign deadlines. Partners with program managers to liase with operational departments ensuring all needs are considered and met so that the Client Marketing channel can successful execute it's plan.
- Seeks to improve upon existing procedures to make the team more efficient.
- Uses a wide variety of customer data to support development of new sales ideas/marketing strategies/campaigns
- The ability to think quickly and with a broad scope is expected. Daily program management will require timely resolution to issues; such as, source code upload issues, data discrepancies affecting other departments.
- Can work collaboratively with their supervisor to recommend more efficient procedures for campaign management & execution and implement them. Can express original ideas and solutions in strategic discussions. Will make daily decisions that will impact strategy, processing and mail dates. Will have a high degree of responsibility for resolving a full range of issues related to customer marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. In managing the campaigns, this position provides information on time lines, deliverables and testing.
- Communicates with outside departments (Technology, ESDA), regarding technology projects, database intricacies and complex issue resolution.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.