Senior Support Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
The functional scope is within APAC APS with a focus on FO Book, PNL & Risk applications. Specifically it provides first level support for the risk and PnL books for Equity Derivatives platform in Hong Kong for Exotics, Delta one, Convertible Bonds, Warrant and Volatility trading desks. The role is support oriented but occasionally includes project management and development. The role is based in Hong Kong on our trading floor.
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures, manage and track daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; coordinate with developer teams to report and follow through bug fixing.
- Minimize failures and ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems by continuously monitoring the performance⁄ operation, quickly diagnose and address any problems.
- Bring together Operations, IT and Infrastructure teams during critical incidents and for preventative action planning.
- Receive, transduce, and coordinate business requests to development and other IT teams in Hong Kong as well as Paris, London and New York sites.
- Conduct system Quality Assurance Testing and assist in User Acceptance test; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications and systems.
- Be responsible for technical configuration and implementation on data interface file for system integration to and from the Equity Research workflow and distribution system.
- Provide system and process documentation.
- Adhere to document procedural standards.
- Shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Experience of working in front office environment
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Developed problem solving techniques
- Emphasis on communication skills and confidence in high pressure environment
- Experience in change controls, incident management
- 3-5 years' experience supporting a financial workplace environment. Solid experience on application support for equities business.
- Strong equity derivative product and valuation knowledge.
- Technical understanding of database, network and RealTime market data systems.