Head of Media Relations
- Excellent package
- 伦敦, 英格兰, 英国
- Ramsey Portia
A globally operating asset manager with over £100Bn AUM is seeking a Head of Media Relations to join their growing communications team.
The Head of Media Relations will have primary responsibility for the company’s UK media relationships. This will include:
- Setting the UK PR strategy in support of the company’s retail and institutional business, profiling capabilities across all asset classes, and incorporating broader corporate and brand positioning as appropriate.
- Providing day-to-day media liaison
- Partnering with key stakeholders in the business and providing communications counsel as required.
- Identifying and managing issues as they arise.
- The role has one direct report.
Global Liaison: While the majority of work will focus on the UK market, the role also involves engagement and direction setting with overseas colleagues, particularly in markets where there is less on the ground PR support, as well as general liaison with the US and Australia.
Financial Communications: The Head of Media Relations will report to and work closely with the Global Head of Communications on corporate and financial calendar work – including quarterly and annual results, as well as any other corporate level announcements.
The business is on the cusp of transformational change. This is a chance for someone with the passion and hunger to make their mark in a business that is equally ambitious. The successful candidate will take a leading communications role as the company embarks on the next stage of its strategic journey.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and grow the company’s profile and share of voice at an industry and corporate level.
- Protect and manage the company’s brand and reputation
- Provide support on building the company’s public profile globally
- Develop strong media relationships
- Become a trusted communications advisor to the business
- Develop interesting and compelling stories and collateral that strike a chord with business and trade media
- Make use of digital media such as web cameras and social media in line with the company’s digital strategy
- Develop strong and positive relationships with journalists.
- Collaborate with other marketing communications functions across the business to assist in idea generation, providing input and support for promotional activity.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in public relations essential
- Ideally, strong financial services experience and a working knowledge of asset management
- Proof of creative approach to communications
- Proven writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of online and offline media
- Experience of managing or working in agencies
The role requires:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combining the ability to build effective networks of relations within the business and with media
- Strong understanding of the media environment and drivers of newsflow.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of meeting demands across a multiple of clients or business units
- Articulate, confident, decisive, enthusiastic and a self-starter
- Understand the need to establish effective objectives and priorities as well as management of expectations