9-12 month fixed term contract to cover for one of our current members of the team who is going on maternity leave.
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ over 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
The Sales Support role is to provide support and assistance to the sales team by removing any tasks which take them away from maximising revenue. We speak to advisors and provide administrative support such as writing up meeting notes, sending out literature, creating illustrations and providing excellent service to clients.
We act strategically by planning campaigns to support the execution of individual business plans. We complete analysis to identify hot spots and quick wins and proactively highlight leads which will assist BDMs to hit their objectives. We share experiences and best practice across all regions.
Sales Support collaborate with other areas across the business. We work with events to ensure the smooth running of seminars and provide analysis on the back of these. We work with marketing to review campaigns and share successes. We support Client Relations with overflow calls and the on-boarding team by matching up applications using pipeline.
We are there to provide various tasks across the business, react quickly to requests and are proactive to ensure opportunities are not missed.
- 1st point of contact on (overflow) inbound calls
- Responding to requests from BDMs and advisers
- Record meeting notes onto the CRM system, including feedback on our proposition and allocation of follow up tasks
- Assist the Events Manager in the organisation of seminars and events
- Work with the sales team to help them achieve their goals and targets by providing regular reports to drive activity and business in each region as requested by the team
- Contributing to virtual product teams by providing data analysis
- Support senior team members to help implement initiatives within the business
- Experience in a support role within financial services
- Experience in a client services/support role working closely with the sales team would be hugely beneficial
- Must be approachable and work well in a team
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to timescales in all tasks
- Appetite to learn and willingness to be challenged. Seeks and is open to feedback from colleagues and the wider business
- Well organised, and be able demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritise & pay attention to detail
- Outgoing, proactive with a friendly manner
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.