AML Analyst (7 month contractor)
- 上海, 上海市, 中国 上海 上海市 CN
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 2018-06-13 2018-06-13
The AML Analyst is accountable for completing Know Your Client (KYC) due diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) risk monitoring (including transactional reviews). This role will require the incumbent to understand, in some depth, the various Capital Markets lines of business, products, and customers’ business to determine the likelihood that the use of BMO services is for money-laundering or terrorist financing purposes.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
1. Prepare KYC files, collect and analyze a wide variety of information to conduct KYC due diligence on clients; Prepare files within the established prescribed processes/guidelines set by the AML leadership team to identify and document possible risks specific to this account and preparing files for review.
2. Conduct research and collect additional information pertinent to the investigation and conduct enhanced due diligence for higher risk clients; recommend, assess risks posed to the Bank, and provide a final recommendation to onboard/maintain/demarket client based on assessment and risk of client.
3. Follow up for documentation / information if not received in a timely manner. Communicate with Front Line and lines of business partners and Customer directly (where possible/appropriate) to obtain required information/documentation
4. Document all information found throughout the investigation, developing and maintaining account files in a manner that will ensure compliance with the AML/TF customer due diligence operating directive and AML procedures.
5. Ensure problem escalation, mitigation and preventative measures are consistent with regulatory and corporate requirements
6. Analyze information related to system or manually generated alerts to identify persons and entities that may be laundering money or funding terrorism, escalating as appropriate for further investigation or reporting in accordance with defined processes and legislation.
Knowledge and Skills
• University degree or college diploma, preferably in business finance, law or related
• 1 - 3 years financial services experience
• Working knowledge of AML preferred
• Financial Institution or related experience preferred
• Working knowledge of applicable Bank systems and procedures
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Fluent in Mandarin and English; other languages an asset
• Highly accurate and detail oriented
• Excellent at organizing information
• Strong analytical and issue/risk identification and escalation, with ability to identify and consider cross impacts, proven critical thinking
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment and in client interaction
• Highly proficient with MS Office and adept / learn new applications/systems
• Works independently with appreciation for team work