Human Resources, HR Coverage, Shanghai
- 上海, 上海市, 中国 上海 上海市 CN
- Morgan Stanley
- 2018-05-26 2018-05-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Description : Support some key Morgan Stanley Shanghai based Divisions, which totals approximately 300 employees .
This role will support HR Coverage Officer and work closely with business and regional/global HR counterparts to drive the firm’s people agenda. This includes interfacing with internal members of Human Resources in every product area in the division as well as BU managers and employees at all levels of the organization. This role is a unique opportunity to become part of a team of strategic Human Resource professionals dedicated to serving our clients in all aspects of their day-to-day needs.
Key Responsibilities :
Actively working with business leaders, employees and global, regional and country HR colleagues to support the day-to-day needs of the client groups including :
• Partner with the business to understand resource requirements and assist with headcount planning and reports
• Work with recruiters and influence managers to ensure high caliber of candidates are attracted
• Work with the business around mobility and flexible work arrangement
• Conduct exit interviews, analyze feedback and interpret/respond to feedback
• Work with the business, employment counsel, legal, and compliance (as appropriate) to interpret and apply Morgan Stanley policies and procedures
• Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome
• Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance issues
• Monitor the annual PE process
• Work proactively with managers to identify and develop top talent and successors to critical roles
• Work with Learning & Development as required to ensure appropriate training is delivered to managers and employees
Reward and Compensation
• Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight
• Advise managers on appropriate compensation levels for all employees
• Work collaboratively with managers, data team and HR counterparts in Asia throughout the annual Year End compensation processes and promotion exercises
• Own completion of monthly audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, giving guidance as necessary.
• Drive or support any other initiatives which helps with the people agenda based on manager requirement
Qualifications / Skills Requirements :
• University degree and 6-10 years of Human Resources generalist experience
• Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, analytical skills, influencing skills, and verbal and written skills
• Develops effective and productive working relationship
• Liaise with regional partners to support the business.
• Thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Flexible team player and a self-starter
• Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills