Investment Management, Real Estate Investing, Associate, Shanghai
- 上海, 上海市, 中国 上海 上海市 CN
- Morgan Stanley
- 2018-03-24 2018-03-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) is a leading global real estate investment platform and has been one of the most active real estate investors in the world for over two decades. MSREI has acquired and managed over $195Bn of real estate since 1991 and currently manages $32Bn of assets over more than 400 investments in 21 countries. In China, MSREI is currently investing on behalf of two discretionary pools of capital across both opportunistic and core strategies.
The Real Estate Investing team is looking for a f ull- t ime Associate based in Shanghai to support the acquisition and asset management group in several areas, including:
• Conducting and managing financial underwriting, internal investment processes, and transaction execution for potential investment opportunities
• Working directly with senior-level counterparts to source and formulate transactions
• Helping to execute business development initiatives
• Managing junior-level resources as needed on deal basis
Experienced Real Estate Professionals who have:
• At least 3-5 years of prior work experience in the real estate field at a leading real estate investing, lending, development, or investment banking platform
• Knowledge/previous experience with real estate economics and financial modeling
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Ability to learn quickly and interact well with others
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player
• Superior level of attention to detail
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple assignments at once and meet associated deadlines important to success
• Native / fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese