Operational Risk Analyst, Shanghai
- 上海, 上海市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
- 2017-10-20 2017-10-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley’s Operational Risk Department (ORD) is looking to hire one (1) full-time Analyst based in Shanghai, China. This role will provide data monitoring support and is an integrated part of global ORD’s data and strategic business analytics function.
The selected individual will require working closely with teams at all levels of the organization within ORD, including frequent communication with various stakeholders such as the senior operational risk coverage managers in New York/London/Hong Kong/Tokyo.
Specific responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Daily qualitative review of risk data including internal/external incidents and Issues to identify risk themes and data quality issues
• Working in a team to coordinate and reengineer an effective and efficient data quality assurance process
• Assisting the production of fact pack and analysis for the senior coverage teams
• Extracting and analyzing various operational risk data, such as incidents, metrics, issues and actions, scenarios, key controls and Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA)
• 0-3 years of working experience in international financial institutions or consulting firms. Entry level fresh grad is also accepted
• Bachelor’s degree with analytical discipline preferred. Master’s degree is a plus
• A general understand of regulatory capital frameworks, such as Basel 2 and Basel 3. Hands-on experience with RCSA and Scenario Analysis is a plus
• Advanced user of PowerPoint and Excel with strong VBA skills
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written