Analyst/Senior Analyst -Beijing, Shanghai
- to be discussed
- 北京, 北京市, 中国 北京 北京市 CN
- Vermilion Partners.
- 2018-06-12 2018-06-12
INVESTMENT BANKING, M&A ADVISORY – ANALYST / SENIOR ANALYST POSITION – BEIJING, SHANGHAI
Vermilion offers a range of cross-border and domestic investment banking services focused on China, specialising in cross-border M&A advisory. Our blue chip clients cover a range of geographies including the UK, Europe, the US, Australia and China, and span most industry sectors including financial services, healthcare, consumer goods and retail, industrials, media and telecom, and natural resources. Our team of 25 professionals operates from offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, London and Munich, which we believe makes us one of the largest teams focused on M&A in China. Vermilion was founded in 2004, although the senior leadership have worked together advising clients on cross-border investment involving China since the early 1990s, and have completed approximately 300 assignments for over 100 clients to date. Vermilion is an advisory driven business, seeking to provide the highest quality professional advice and to build long term relationships with its clients.
About the role
Analysts and Senior Analysts play a crucial role in all areas of Vermilion’s activities, including in project delivery and business development. You will work within a supportive team structure with close and frequent contact with Partners and Directors. Some of the key areas in which Analysts and Senior Analysts are commonly involved include:
- Drafting in-depth market and industry analysis via desktop research, soft-sounding and other appropriate approaches
- Supporting the identification of appropriate strategic and financial buyers or sellers for transactions and drafting relevant analysis
- Conducting preliminary due diligence and coordinating and overseeing full due diligence processes
- Supporting the analysis of strategic, commercial, regulatory, legal, tax and structuring considerations for ongoing transactions and preparing relevant documentation
- Producing and managing financial models and producing valuation reports
- Supporting the preparation of key transaction documents including Letters of Intent and Heads of Terms
- Attending client meetings and producing accurate and comprehensive memos
- Helping senior colleagues to manage clients and prospective targets
The Analyst / Senior Analyst role is a two year position, after which top performers will have the opportunity to be promoted. We believe that we provide wide exposure and attractive long-term career prospects - Vermilion has a highly collegiate culture where commitment and ability are recognised and progression is based on merit.
Vermilion is seeking internationally-minded candidates who are hard-working and professional as well as outgoing team players. Specific requirements include:
Analyst / Senior Analyst (Beijing, Shanghai)
- Bilingual Chinese and English (see comment below)
- 0 – 2 years of experience or relevant work experience (Analyst) / At least 2 years’ relevant work experience (Senior Analyst)
- Graduated from leading Chinese or international university
- Professional accounting qualification (preferable)
- Proficient MS Office skills, good attention to details, and strong numeric and analytic skills
Vermilion is an international business with a multilingual working environment, therefore we seek candidates who are comfortable speaking Chinese and English in the work place or with clients and target companies and are able to produce written work in both languages with little or no need for correction. This is a strict requirement.
If you are interested in being considered for the above role please submit your CV via efinancialcareers.com or send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will initially be contact by telephone to conduct a language assessment, and if successful will be invited to attend an interview shortly thereafter.