China Firm Management, VP/ED, Beijing
- 北京, 北京市, 中国
- Morgan Stanley
- 2018-02-24 2018-02-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
About Morgan Stanley China
In 1993, Morgan Stanley became one of the first global investment banks to establish a presence in China. Since that time, our strategy has been to build a leading, fully integrated financial services firm in China.
With offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai, and a regional office in Hong Kong, Morgan Stanley provides a wide range of services to domestic and international clients including financing, restructuring, M&A advisory, research, fixed income and foreign exchange. Our global and regional private equity and real estate funds are also active in China.
Morgan Stanley's highly regarded Asia and China economists and strategists provide insights on the domestic economy and markets, offering clients local, regional and global perspectives.
As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CEO. The VP/ED will handle preparatory work, briefing materials, speech and talking point preparations for all meetings, presentations and engagements of the CEO or other stakeholders as the CEO may designate so as to allow the CEO to focus on growing our business. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the company.
- Prepare speeches, interview responses, letters and documents for the CEO;
- Compose correspondence dealing with issues and subject matter that require the highest levels of sensitivity, discretion, judgment, or negotiation in replying to inquiries and/or presenting or requesting information on behalf of the company’s top management;
- Coordinate and plan leadership events such as senior leadership meetings, and coordinate periodic planning processes and monitor objectives and key results across the executive team;
- Provide regular updates from the business units to the CEO;
- Attend various executive meetings to keep a pulse on the business and help connect with others across the company;
- Produce ad-hoc reports and assist in various projects; and
- Proactively identify issues that could impact the successful execution of the CEO’s commitments, and develop ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk.
- Unquestionable integrity, judgment and discretion to maintain company’s most highly confidential information;
- Excellent critical thinking, data synthesis and comprehension skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational ability;
- Maturity, experience, and confidence to advise the CEO on the company’s most sensitive topics;
- Uncommon flexibility to improvise, adapt, and overcome;
- Calm under pressure – a force for cool, collected, and rational decision-making in times of stress and chaos;
- Strong financial acumen and experience, including knowledge of accounting and corporate finance;
- Strong data manipulation skills, especially in Microsoft Excel; and
- Strong presence and leadership – comfort interacting with senior leaders both internally and externally.
- Strong experience at a top investment bank, consulting firm, or top company in a strategic role.
Education and Experience
- Top graduate from a top university, Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, or MBA program.
For more information about Morgan Stanley in China, please visit http://www.morganstanleychina.com/about/china/index.html