Ops Specialist, Line
- 北京, 北京市, 中国 北京 北京市 CN
- Morgan Stanley
- 2018-03-20 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Overview of the Role
The role is responsible for providing operational support to Sales and Trading business in Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Limited.
The key function covers the various products & its processing required in Sales and Trading Operations in China including the trade capture, settlement, firm and local regulatory reporting, confirmation. liquidity reporting and monitoring and other process control functions. A wide range of most of banking products will be including FX, money market, Bond, Repo, the products range may expand to options, Interest Rate Swap and other exotic FX/interest features embedded transactions when the bank obtains necessary derivatives license.
The position should have an ability to monitor the day-to-day operational flows to ensure the steps along the operating line being aligned with internal procedure, rules, market practices, and the other internal/external/regulatory requirements.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Process day-to-day operational flows in accurate and timely manner , i.e. trade capture/settlement processing; trade confirmation processing; Perform P/L Calculation and mismatch follow up;
- Follow daily control processes such as internal system/inter-desk/nostro/depot reconciliation considering the high risk embedded to banking operations and exceptional trade control required by regulatory concern;
- Liaise and resolve queries on transaction related issues, give a quick feedback on traders? queries;
- Control Daily/Monthly/Quarterly regulatory reporting requirements S&T Ops related to local regulatory;
- Ensure the processing is in compliance with the firm policy and local regulations
- Fulfill all the internal and regulatory requirements in terms of risk and control, regular and ad hoc reporting, self-checking, on-site inspection, audit;
- Closely work together with IT on China Bank Sales & Trading Ops related projects e.g. system/process enhancement initiatives, Axiom, EAST;
- Assist the team leader of S&T Ops in the built out of the sales/trading operation team and its related infrastructure; Looking for process or system improvement to increase capacity and efficiency.
- 3-5 years Operations working experience in financial institution in China, preferred experience in Sales and Trading Operations; solid knowledge on local regulations and local market practice.
- Ability to identify problems as they arise and understand when these need to be escalated, good problem solving skills are a necessity
- High personal commitment and integrity; able to drive new initiatives and put forward new ideas
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment, able to maintain composure while remain assertive when dealing with complex problem
- Good communication and organizational skill, able to interact and work effectively across functional/locations in multiple tasks; able to motivate/develop people to make deliverable within target
- High sense of risk awareness and good understanding of the local regulations, able to articulate identified risk-issues before they are obvious to a broad spectrum.
- good problem solving skills with sound judgment of operation and business.
- teamwork spirit and cooperation with the other departments.