Consultant, Middle Office Asset Servicing (Hedge Fund Services)
- 3-5 年
- Northern Trust Company
- 2018-02-08 2018-02-08
Responsible for verification, settlement, and life cycle event processing related to client transactions. The Middle Office Asset Servicing function is responsible for security master management, corporate actions and entitlement tracking, OTC derivatives, fixed income and foreign exchange trade processing, trade capture, clearing and settlement, end of day trade match, trade fail management, expiration services and break resolution.
- Affirms OTC trades from prior trade date.
- Ensures timely receipt of electronic-based OTC confirmations from trading counterparties.
- Ensures accuracy of transaction agreements and modifications.
- Assists swap confirmation team in covering all OTC products such as total return swaps, equity options, structured equity products, convertible bond options, credit defaults and fixed income products.
- Manages the settlement of swap cash flows associated with OTC products, including unwinds, quarterly fees, resets, and premiums
- Assists in proper operational reflection of OTC trades
- Reviews booking of corporate actions and dividends/coupons to ensure it affects the position properly.
- Assist in developing and implementing projects and software which promote automation and efficiency as well as work with IT in the development/enhancement of trade entry.
- Efficiently identifies and resolves transaction discrepancies between firm and swap counterparties.
- Processes all aspects of periodic resets for vanilla and exotic IRS, CDS, and TRS products.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- OTC Derivatives product knowledge and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong Excel knowlege and skills
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. PeopleSoft) is required