786307 Business unit:
Risk Position location:
395 Bourke St Work type:
Permanent Full time Location:
VIC- Melbourne CBD, VIC- Melbourne inner
- Make a genuine difference through the work you do
- Great opportunity for career growth and development
- Bring your ideas, ambitions, and passions both in and outside of work
It's more than a career at NAB. It's about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you'll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You'll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
In this role, you will be providing effective Line 2 Risk oversight (reviewing & challenging Line 1 management), generating subject matter insights and providing specialist advice. Supporting the Head of Information Security and Privacy Risk Management, you will be collaborating across various Line 1 and Line 2 teams to ensure effective management of data risk as well as support broader team and Risk department objectives. The role and day to day will include:
What you will bring:
- Ensuring that NAB's risk management strategy and operational risk management framework are applied effectively in the context of data risk
- Performing a variety of risk and control assessments and deep dive reviews, and agreeing practical solutions to remediate as needed and regularly assessing impacts
- Ensuring issues are known and holding Line 1 to account for resolution thereof in a timely manner
- Ensuring that compliance with data-related obligations is actively monitored and maintained, i.e. policy, legislation, and regulation
- Providing input to data-related frameworks, policies, standards, controls, and establishment of risk metrics
- Providing and ensuring effective data risk monitoring and risk reporting
- Relationship building across aligned business units and ensuring data risks are appropriately understood and reflected in risk profiles
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
- 10+ years' professional experience in Data Risk Management, preferably within Financial Services
- Deep risk and control knowledge and experience
- Well-read, with broad knowledge of data platforms, big data, AI/ML, and related technical knowledge to be able to converse with technologists
- Line 2 Risk or prior Big 4 consulting / audit experience
- Critical thinker with the ability to constructively challenge and influence Line 1 management
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, with demonstrable ability to effectively manage through conflict and alternative views
- Strong professional writing and communication skills
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be. More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. To learn more, visit the Benefits of Working at NAB page on our website. Join NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
21 Feb 2023 6:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time Closing:
07 Mar 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time