Your new team
- A critical function within the Commonwealth Bank Cyber Security.
- Supportive team environment, with a real focus on staff development and progression
- We're supportive of flexible / remote working arrangements for suitable candidates.
Cyber Security is part of the Enterprise Services (ES) business unit at Commonwealth Bank.
The Digital Assurance team is responsible for penetration testing, application security, vulnerability management, and product security. This involves pro-actively identifying and remediating vulnerabilities at varying stages of the project and software development lifecycles, using a combination of automation, self-service tooling, manual techniques, as well as education, training, and outreach. Your responsibilities
What you will need to succeed
- Perform penetration testing to assess and validate the security posture of bank systems
- Carry out scoping activities to identify what components of a given system require testing and to provide a likely effort required to carry out the testing
- Report results of testing to our customers, including project managers, service owners, developers and risk managers
- Provide subject matter expertise to key stakeholders
- Have the flexibility to work on multiple projects as needed
- Work within a team environment and across business units to complete associated tasks with exceptional results
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by your manager that you have the capability to perform safely. (NOTE: All tasks assigned and carried out must be performed in accordance with all relevant internal Bank policies and external regulatory requirements).
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
If this sounds like fun, and you have skills or experience you think you can apply to the role, then we'd love to hear from you!
- An understanding of vulnerability identification or penetration testing processes and methodologies with prior experience using tools such as Burp Suite and Metasploit is a must to have.
- Penetration testing certifications is good to have.
- Experience testing hardware or embedded systems would be an advantage
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/09/2020