785657 Business unit:
Digital, Data & Analytics Position location:
395 Bourke St Work type:
Permanent Full time Location:
VIC- Melbourne CBD About the Role:
In this role, you'll work with key stakeholders in the People & Culture Domain (P&C) to drive evidence-based decisions. This position plays a pivotal role in uplifting colleague experience and business performance by delivering quality insights to P&C and business leadership teams.
This role will see you designing, building, and deploying Business Intelligence solutions to present accurate and reliable information through reports and visualisation. You will translate business needs into visuals that follow best practices and enterprise patterns to establish a consolidated visualisation capability in the People Analytics team. This role is also responsible for planning and transitioning dashboards from tactical solutions to target state environments.
You will develop interactive visualisations; support BI self-service environments and provide on-going advisory to ensure that the most useful information is being presented in a way that is accessible to stakeholders across the organisation. Visualisation leadership and coaching will be a core asset for the People Analytics team Key Accountabilities:
- Define and document target state visualisation architecture for People & Culture at NAB.
- Maintain the visualisation roadmap to enable transition of legacy dashboard assets from current state towards the target state environment (3-year horizon).
- Track and monitor progress of visualisation transformation towards target state.
- Communicate progress, issues, and blockers with all key stakeholder groups.
Visualisation leadership and coaching
- Design and document best practice patterns and standards for People Analytics dashboards and reports.
- Evaluate and elevate visual engineering practices through hands-on coaching and communication.
- Serve as a Best Practice resource for People Analytics dashboard development (including Power BI and other in-system reports such as Workday).
- Lead a visualisation community of practice to drive adoption of best practice patterns and standards.
- Conduct training and user-group sessions on Power BI and other in-system HR reporting.
Executing best practice dashboard development and deployment
- Lead cross functional teams to translate business questions into flexible tools and dashboards that enhance end-user experience and scale across the organisation.
- Drive workstream planning processes, including inception, technical design, development, testing, and delivery of BI solutions.
- When required, quickly prototype solutions to demonstrate capabilities, refine requirements, and assist with data validation.
- Provide direction to develop efficient prototypes within the Power BI environment that can then be implemented in the target state data platform.
- Connect to authoritative data sources, import and transform data for Business Intelligence applications.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Work closely with People Data Enablement and end users to tune and optimise Power BI dashboards and other in system reports (e.g. Workday).
- Develop and oversee monitoring systems to measure usage and consumption patterns to gauge dashboard effectiveness, UX and quality.
- Work with Enterprise Data Platforms teams to ensure operational stability of dashboard platforms.
- Troubleshoot reported data loads or reconciliation inconsistencies in dashboards and reports.
- Track, monitor and analyse performance and production issues, and implement improvements.
- Establish operational rigour to ensure report dependences are mapped, pro-actively monitored and failures alerted to relevant users and support teams
- A track record of engaging with all levels of the business, advising on reporting and analytics solutions, and challenging the status quo
- Experience in providing evidence-based insights, leading to positive change
- Expert level understanding of Data Visualisation concepts and a proven track record of successful implementation of Visualisation assets across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of different types of data models (e.g. relational, data vault, star schemas). Understanding of Kimball dimensional modelling, OLTP and OLAP database designs highly desirable
- Strong experience using Power BI with on-premise and cloud data sources, including Oracle, SQL Server and SAP.
- Strong experience in performance tuning of Power BI reports and SQL with large volume data sources.
- Experience with DAX highly desirable.
- Sound experience developing and maintaining Azure-based Power BI environments
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge and understanding of prediction, classification, clustering, segmentation, time series forecasting and algorithms
- Experience with HR systems and data highly desirable (e.g. Workday, SAP HR, Success Factors, Service Now)
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's explore who you are and what drives you. To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
14 Feb 2023 6:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time Closing:
28 Feb 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time