785763 Business unit:
Business and Private Position location:
330 Collins St Work type:
Permanent Full time Location:
VIC- Melbourne CBD
It's more than a career at NAB. It's about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
- Exciting new opportunity to join NAB Hive, a Fintech backed by Australia's #1 business bank
- Be supported to grow your career at NAB
- Newly created roles & make a genuine difference through the work you do
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you'll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You'll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career. The role:
Australian businesses are becoming increasingly complex with payments being interconnected with transactional banking, e-commerce, cloud software, and complex data requirements. We need to be able to support these businesses with solutions that transform them for the future. At NAB, we are investing in our Merchant Acquiring business to provide capability as a bank to work with customers of all complexities, so that we can recommend and implement the best NAB solutions for them and their customers.
As our newly created Technical Transaction Specialist role, you be the key acquiring specialist that works with our sales teams to support technically complex customer situations. You will be brought into customer conversations by our front line Transaction Specialist teams to support pre-sales activities and be able to converse with technical counterparts (CTOs, etc.) to scope and present our value proposition to support them. This includes:
- Leading the acquiring response to complex customer needs and be involved in pre-sales discussions with our customers
- Scoping the and pitching the customer solution to best meet their transaction needs & support complex tenders
- Proactively identifying types of opportunities which are high value to support our customers
- Providing market insights: competitor landscape, scheme and regulator activity
You will also be the primary merchant acquiring specialist when technical product input is required and act as the conduit to draw in knowledge from product specialists as necessary and provide feedback into product development to continually evolve our products.
You will have the opportunity to grow into a sought-after acquiring subject matter expert at the cutting edge of the industry as we continue to grow our capability and be competitive against global competition. What you will bring:
You have a background in either:
- transaction banking sales
- technical acquiring implementation
- acquiring product management
- payments service providers or
You are energetic, open minded, resilient and naturally curious. You are interested in the cutting edge of payments and love to get into the details. You love working in an ambiguous environment where no day is the same. You thrive on juggling several priorities and showcasing your high level of organisation, as this is a new role being developed so a great opportunity to make your mark. You are customer focussed and enjoy working through complex transaction queries to support businesses and our bankers.
Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of acquiring card present and card not present solutions
- Detailed knowledge of customer transactional solutions: CP/CNP, 3Dsecure, tokenisation, hosted solutions, API integration, etc.
- Knowledge of POS, PMS, ERP and how they integrate to transactional banking solutions
- Understanding of transactional banking and how this impacts customer operations (payables, receivables, reconciliation, integration, automation, etc.)
- Ability to liaise with customer business and technology counterparts to discuss issues, needs, pain points and recommend solutions
- Ability to lead customer and bank stakeholders to suitable solutions
Does this sound like the role for you? A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we're intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It's a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be. More focus on you
We're committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here ! Join NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know. To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. So, get your application in! Advertised:
20 Feb 2023 4:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time Closing:
13 Mar 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time