WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers. Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Corporate Development Manager plays a key role in aiding our expansion in the Asia-Pacific region and is expected to provide support across the business in relation to all key aspects of business development, analysis, project management & communication management.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT and ANALYSIS
- Identifying & analyzing potential new trends, markets, asset classes and opportunities in the Asia Pacific region;
- Preparing business plans and reports on new business initiatives;
- Proactively gathering “value add” information relating to regional trading activity and competitor analysis
- Facilitating the development of innovative business practices and effective methods to help manage rapid growth.
- Proactively making business recommendations based on new information, changes and developments triggered by both internal and external sources.
- Project managing the execution of approved business development or business improvement initiatives which includes but not limited to implementing access to new markets/platforms/asset classes;
- Exercising independent judgment in evaluating and prioritizing ideas and opportunities through sound business and financial analysis;
- Monitoring and managing all business development requests going to clearings;
- Fostering & maintaining excellent relationships with regulators, exchanges, brokerage houses, clearers, banks, technology vendors, lawyers and accountants through regular meetings and occasional visits to key 3rd party relationships to manage the daily operational business;
- Attending relevant regional conferences;
- Keeping key internal stakeholders informed & obtaining buy in and support in project management/implementation from other departments including Trading, IT and Operations;
- Keeping the Head of Corporate Development, APAC fully informed.
SKILL AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree qualified or above with strong academic results in Business/Economics/ Banking & Finance/IT/Engineering is essential;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a multi-national corporate environment; trading industry experience an advantage
- Thorough understanding of a wide range of financial products, particularly derivatives in equity markets
- CFA qualified is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects and to independently lead them to conclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop, articulate, present and execute new business opportunities and prepare high quality reports and analysis
- Familiarity with the business processes and the workflows of securities trading organizations is desirable;
- Experience in evaluating, researching, and discussing leading-edge technology is desirable;
- Familiarity with current regulatory issues, trends, and developments is a plus
- A proactive mindset coupled with outstanding strategic judgment
- Extremely organized
- A demonstrated track record of initiative, innovation, and high achievement is required
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must. Other Asian languages, such as Mandarin, Korean and Japanese, are an advantage.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.