Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The role will primarily involve trading index rolls in the index centralisation spot focussing on HK, Japan and Korea.
- Deep knowledge of APAC dividends will help in supporting the HK and Japan Equity dividend trading spot.
- The position will be tasked with structuring focused improvement in these areas.
- The role is externally focussed with the majority of trading occurring through broker markets and DCPs.
- The role may grow into a lead of the index centralisation spot.
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next Dividends / Equity Rolls / Future Swaps Trader to be someone with the following experience:
- Extensive (5+ years) experience trading index rolls, pricing in dividends and interest
- Track record of profitably pricing rolls is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be clear, assertive and understanding when talking to external parties.
- Demonstrate mature wider thinking and show capacity to challenge the future direction.
- Ideally would come from a bank trading rolls from fundamental dividends and interest.
- Experience trading boxes and pricing premium rates is desirable
- Deep knowledge of APAC dividends
- Leadership experience is a significant advantage but not essential
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.