About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1200 offices in 43 countries. The talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Internal Audit is responsible for independently validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The department reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether that the firm meets its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. The Internal Audit Department (IAD) comprises of a team of auditors with diverse skill sets in business, compliance and financial crimes, risk management, operations, finance, information security and technology, working together to identify, monitor, assess and report on the control environment of the Firm. IAD continues to strive to provide insightful viewpoints on leading indicators and topical matters that are most relevant to the Firm, use the most effective and cutting-edge means to accurately evaluate the stability of risk controls, and empower its team members to contribute and succeed in their career. Background on the Position
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced auditor (AVP / Director level) to join its Internal Audit Division to cover our Internal Audit coverage of Morgan Stanley's Australian businesses that include Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, Investment Management, and Shareworks. Based in Sydney, and reporting to the Australia Country Audit Coverage Director, this business auditor role will have cross-divisional coverage responsibility as well as supporting and collaborating with the regional Internal Audit functional teams in Asia. The successful candidate will need a broad audit skill base to facilitate and perform risk assessment, planning, control testing, and continuous monitoring; executing audits; developing strategic relationships; engaging in stakeholder reporting; and communicating to senior management those areas requiring control enhancements and providing recommendations for improvements. The primary stakeholders are in Sydney, and some domestic travel may be expected. Primary Responsibilities
- Manage and execute Australian assurance activities (e.g., internal audit reviews, continuous monitoring, issue closure verification) and to provide a point of view on the control environment.
- Develop and assess risks related to Morgan Stanley's Australia businesses, including evaluation of inherent and residual risks. Understand and analyze business processes with respect to Australian laws and regulations.
- Plan and perform business audits across Asia with a primary focus on Australia.
- Apply the internal audit methodology standards appropriately and consistently.
- Communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels, both locally and overseas.
- Co-ordinate with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Apply data analytics to the audit testing strategy.
- Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees.
- Draft concise audit issues and reports.
- Verify the closure of audit issues and actions.
- Develop working relationships with key business stakeholders and infrastructure groups as well as within Internal Audit.
- Engage stakeholders on Australian topics of interests, including relevant industry topics and matters requiring escalation.