Provide support, communication, and coordination of Sales and Relationship Management team's activities within Australia/New Zealand, including coverage for both local and satellite offices. Develop a thorough understanding of the products and vehicles at MFS to effectively assist in sales and relationship management efforts. Enhance sales prospect and client relationships by providing outstanding service.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Act as primary liaison/contact for sales and service support activities including internal data requests, competitive information, sales and service materials, product information and marketing materials.
- Utilise internal and external information sources and databases, including Rainmaker and eVestment, to help build the background information which feeds into client/prospect/consultant strategy papers and briefing notes.
- Monitor industry press for relevant pieces on clients, investment topics and industry themes to ensure the sales team is informed. Maintain and update formally on a regular basis the Australian industry background paper for all global visitors.
- Act as a primary resource in coordinating all details, logistics and materials relative to sales prospect meetings, finals presentations, client meetings both locally and overseas, update reviews and due diligence visits, including pre-approvals when required. Interface with internal and external contacts at all levels including investment teams and senior management in order to fulfill job requirements. Under the direction of the Sales person or Relationship Manager coordinate follow-through on all problem resolution and information requests associated with the meetings.
- Work with the relevant business units and RM or Salesperson to create, produce and distribute accurate, compliant, customized sales and marketing presentations and client review books for the full spectrum of MFS products. Identify and correct data inconsistencies and recommend process improvements to increase efficiencies and improve overall service.
- Support the RM and Sales teams and Client Service to field client and prospect inquiries; properly assess their needs and direct them to a solution. Independently use discretion and judgment to determine the appropriate information to send and the urgency of the request; Ensure internal satisfaction with service was received. Escalate requests as required.
- Utilize CRM database as central resource to maintain and proactively track all appropriate upcoming meetings, calls, contacts and activities within assigned coverage. Maintain accurate metrics/statistics around meetings identifying main trends and elevate any issues encountered regularly; Generate regular and custom reports as requested.
- Coordinate regular and specialized electronic communications under the direction of RM's and Sales and Client Service. Ensure email database is up to date for regular mailings. Coordinate with CRM team to create and execute campaign specific distribution lists, marketing and mailings. Proactively take steps to ensure accurate and timely communications.
- Perform regular checks to ensure new client data flows through properly to the CRM database and other appropriate systems.
- Develop, communicate and implement workflow procedures relative to meeting, mailings and other sales and relationship management functions. Communicate issues or trends relative to workflow, operational, or compliance issues that arise in course of job responsibilities.
- Provide sales prospecting support using Sales systems and other sources as appropriate. Assist with finals preparation, including competitive analysis.
- Assist other teams within the department and perform additional duties as requested by manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or experience.
- 0-1+ related industry experience.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal direction, organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrated leadership skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Local licensing in accordance with MFS’ licensing policy.
- Demonstrated fluency in Microsoft Office suite applications and CRM.
- Demonstrated familiarity with MFS products and internal resources and procedures.