Accounting Manager - Vienna, Austria
Are you ready to use your accounting skills and eye for detail for one of the world's largest FinTech organizations? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it's time to join Western Union as a n Accounting Manager. Western Union powers your pursuit. Role Responsibilities
- Managing and planning department's activities related to general accounting functions and preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results.
- Formulating and directing the administration of approved accounting practices.
- Maintaining oversight of outsourced accounting functions and ensuring the accuracy of ledger accounts.
- Financial statements preparation in compliance with Company and GAAP standards.
- Managing and coordinating internal and external financial audits.
- Performing all duties inherent in a managerial role - hiring, terminating, doing performance reviews, and compensation decisions.
- Participating in the most complex accounting projects.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
- Solid experience in accounting.
- Familiarity with accounting standards.
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with key stakeholders.
- Great fluency in English language is required (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company -transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/ . Salary
We are under legal obligation to indicate the minimum salary, which is EUR 63,100 gross per year for this position. However, our attractive compensation packages follow current market salaries and can therefore be significantly above the indicated minimum salary. Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few (https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/). Please see the below benefits specific to your location and note that your recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your Austria specific benefits include:
- 25 working days annual leave, for employees with less than 25 years of service
- 30 working days annual leave, for employees with 25 years of service or more
- Comprehensive life & medical cover
- Contributory pension plan
- Luncheon vouchers
- Other partner discounts
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.