Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Vienna, Austria
Do you have experience in contributing to the credit review and risk assessment of new and existing clients? Would you like to develop your profile in a leading global FinTech business? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then join Western Union as a Senior Credit Risk Analyst. Western Union powers your pursuit.
In this unique role, you will work alongside a dedicated team and govern processes in the following: Role Responsibilities
- Perform independent credit reviews and risk assessments of customers' risk profiles to assist with credit decision-making for the region.
- Assessing new clients and an annual review of existing ones as well as permanent or temporary changes to the approved transactions/clients/limits.
- Prepare credit reports to assist in credit decision-making on the transactions including contract extensions/rollovers/modifications etc.
- Perform regular customer and branch visits as well as work closely with the Collection team for overdue accounts management.
- Support defining and improving the credit approval standards, templates and tools to ensure their consistent utilization.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
- Education or equivalent skills are required with a strong desire to grow into a professional role.
- Solid experience in Credit or Risk Management from a banking or financial services organization combined with profound knowledge of payments, banking operations, products, and processes.
- Ability to work cross-market and cross-function.
- A natural problem solver with a pragmatic approach while interacting with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical thinking make you stand out from the crowd.
- To be successful in this role, you must ideally have a native level of German and a good level of English language skills.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company - transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/. Salary
We are under legal obligation to indicate the minimum salary, which is EUR 47,300.00 gross per year for this position. However, our attractive compensation packages follow current market salaries and can therefore be significantly above the indicated minimum salary. Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few (https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/). Please see the below benefits specific to your location and note that your recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your Austria specific benefits include:
- 14 payment instalments; with a supplementary instalment paid in June and November
- 25 working days holiday per annum
- Maternity leave
- Global travel assistance
- Luncheon vouchers provided to employees for each day in the office
- Pension plan eligibility for all employees with at least 6 months of service
- Health and Wellness program, with discounts at fitness clubs.
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.