1. Job Purpose:
Manage the Group MIS, Budgets / forecasts and the related reporting to management and Board.
2. Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Group MIS: Manage the compilation and production of monthly/quarterly reporting to the management, Board and Audit Committee. Ensure accurate, relevant and timely reports are provided to the stakeholders with suitable analysis and insights. Work with Overseas Units to harmonise local processes in developing accurate and relevant MIS.
- Budget / Forecasts: Lead the budgeting and forecast process for the business units in coordination with the WB / Treasury business partners. Proactively monitor actual performance to generate robust forecasts and strategic forward-looking information.
- Business Partnering: Partner WB, Treasury and Retail business finance teams to support business initiatives from Group perspective.
- Data and Systems: Work proactively to ensure adequate systems / processes are available to achieve above goals and evolving demands. Address data challenges tactically as well as build processes for permanent resolution. Participate in IT projects to support relevant MIS needs.
3. Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
- The jobholder will be responsible for the production of MIS reports, including working with the Data management team in developing / maintaining relevant MIS, and assist in building processes where required to capture relevant data. Due to the ever changing environment, the jobholder will continuously monitor and evolve the reporting infrastructure to ensure relevant and accurate management data& information is available.
- Reporting to the Head of Group Finance, the jobholder works within standards laid down in the department and the Group Finance policy and procedures.
- The job holder will be the day to day liaison between Group Finance and nominated business partners to ensure agreed upon service levels are met.
- The job holder will work closely with others in Group Finance to ensure seamless integration of all functions within Group Finance and provide unified messaging to the rest of the Bank
4. Job Requirements:
- Solid understanding of banking products with particular emphasis to Treasury products from an accounting and performance measurement perspective.
- Conversant with Client segmentation vs Product concepts, FTP application on assets / liabilities
- Excellent knowledge of performance reporting and best practices in the space. Conversant with reporting tools including report development (visualizing and defining the requirements).
- Very strong analytical skills (excellent conceptual and structural thinking together with ability to deal with less defined requirements)
- Very good communication and synthesis skills (both written and verbal – Powerpoint proficient
- Ability to collaborate within cross functional teams and leverage expertise towards common goals.
Education / Certifications
- Professionally qualified accountant – CA. CFA added advantage
- 10+ years’ experience in a Bank finance function with particular emphasis to performance management MIS.
- Good working experience of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with Reporting applications TM1, Power BI added advantage
- Good level of people management skills and self-motivated
- High level of communications and interpersonal skills