Financial Risk Management - Junior Consultant About Avantage Reply
Avantage Reply, part of the Reply Group, specialises in Financial Services consulting with a focus on Risk and Finance Transformation, Treasury and Capital, Quantitative Modelling, Governance , Compliance , Regulatory Advisory and Data management .
Well-established in the Belgian financial sector, Avantage is also present across Europe and counts the world's most significant financial groups among its clients - incl. in banking, insurance & asset management - as well as supervisory & regulatory institutions. About the role
For our Brussels Office, we are seeking to grow our Financial Risk Management (FRM) practice with new graduates.
Within FRM, we assist our clients' - mainly banks - Risk Management & ALM/Treasury departments with their risk-related challenges (with a focus on credit, liquidity and interest rate risks).. Our service offering spans across governance, policies and processes, analytics and models, systems and data.
As a member of our FRM team, you can expect to work on a variety of client assignments, such as:
- Refine how banks measure their expected credit losses and report their loan-loss provisions (PD/LGD modelling)
- Tackle emerging risks in particular with regards to the impact of climate change on banks' portfolios (physical and transition risks)
- Assess the impact of changing interest rates on banks' balance sheet
- Perform stress tests to assess capital and liquidity adequacy as part of ICAAP/ILAAP, recovery and resolution planning
- Anticipate the impact of upcoming regulatory changes and draw roadmaps to tackle the identified gaps
With the support of experienced professionals, you will get hands-on experience on real-life projects and you will have the opportunity to quickly become autonomous and take up responsibilities.
At Avantage Reply, we provide our employees with opportunities to accelerate their careers and gain deeper insights into client needs, not just advising on solutions, but also implementing them.
Next to client work, consultants are expected to actively contribute to the development of the practice in terms of service offering, recruitment, training. This includes the following:
- Remain attentive to trends in the banking sector (economic, financial & regulatory) and pro-actively identify opportunities to support clients tackling the associated challenges
- Contribute to internal initiatives incl. the organization of client events, drafting of briefing notes, preparation of client presentations
- Continuously enhance their skills and knowledge through training and professional development opportunities
- Represent the company in job fairs and share your experience at Avantage to potential candidates.
We offer a dynamic and challenging working environment with clients and colleagues. There is plenty of room for further development and training.
Skills & Qualifications
- Development opportunities - we value the professional growth and development of our employees, and we provide the resources and support needed to help them succeed (incl. renowned certifications such as the FRM or the CFA). Each consultant is assigned a coach to guide him/her on a regular basis and help defining a tailored career path.
- Great place to work - we are a non-hierarchical organization and promote openness, teamwork and knowledge sharing within the firm. I nternal events and team building activities are regularly organized for our employees to connect and build relationships.
- Competitive remuneration - We offer a competitive base salary and flexible benefits package (mobility policy, hospitalization insurance, etc.). In addition, we offer a range of incentives and bonuses to reward performance and to align individuals' incentives with those of the firm and our clients.
- Flexible work arrangements - consultants arrange their time schedule at the client, within our offices and at home. There may also be opportunities to travel abroad (mainly within Benelux and France).
- Master degree in Economics, Finance, Actuary or relevant business field;
- Good knowledge of accounting, financial markets and banking products;
- Interest in FRM-related areas - incl. credit risk, ALM/treasury and capital management - and ambition to develop in that space;
- Quantitative skills and proficiency with VBA, R, Python and/or SAS
- Curious attitude and desire for continuous learning ;
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions. Ability to work independently while also demonstrating real team-working skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages (French or Dutch).