Who we are looking for
State Street's North American presence in securities lending goes back nearly five decades. In that time we have built a long and enviable list of clients, spanning the very top tier of asset owners, pension funds, insurance companies, mutual funds, endowments, and sovereign entities. This very experienced, and highly-functioning group is responsible for nearly 60% of the revenue in our Agency Lending program. As such, ensuring that our client-facing organization is operating smoothly and delivering for our clients is of paramount importance. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
You will be responsible for leading the sales and client management strategy for our institutional investor clients across the Financing Solutions product suite, inclusive of State Street's Agency Lending, Enhanced Custody, Alternative Financing Solutions businesses. You will be focused primarily on the Canadian market.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
The successful applicant will:
What we value
- Actively support and foster strategic Financing Solutions client relationships in Canada by managing client inquiries and monitoring client performance, mainly involving the Agency Lending business, and participating in internal and external meetings. Some travel required within Canada and to our Boston office location.
- Pursue new-from-new sales opportunities in collaboration with our Global Services and Sector Sales colleagues via RFPs and other sources. Also work with current client base on new-from-existing expansion opportunities, including Agency Lending parameter expansion and cross-sell opportunities within Securities Finance, as well as client-optimization in terms of improving client margins.
- Oversee support staff and daily functions to ensure timely responses to client inquiries, resolution of issues, and program compliance with clients' contractual parameters.
- Work internally with Client Management team in the US (namely Boston) and other global regional offices on process alignment and program improvements. Also work with the global Sales team to align on global strategy and sales efforts.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- While the successful applicant does not have direct client responsibilities, they will be expected to interact with clients regularly;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and support groups;
- Represent State Street in key industry forums relating to securities financing
- Understand securities lending market dynamics, anticipate any potential client impact, engage with and manage clients accordingly;
- Have fluency in relevant securities lending agreements, especially the Securities Lending Authorization Agreement, and be able to negotiate with clients, while at the same time working with internal (and client) Legal teams;
- Foster innovation, collaboration, and a spirit of risk-excellence
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- 15+ years of financial services experience
- 10+ years of securities lending experience
- At least five years of client-facing experience
- Clear communication is essential - excellent speaking and writing skills are a must
- Ability of foster strong internal and external relationships
- Highly organized
- Strong sense of client ownership and responsibility
- Ability to drive growth
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.