2022|Financial Accounting/Financial Planning | Analyst | Beijing
MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET
Collaborating with groups across the firm to develop and manage the firm's forward looking strategic and financial plans, including profit, loss, and financial resources.
Our team collaborates with each of the firm's businesses, Controllers, Corporate Treasury, and Risk, among other groups at the firm, to gain the expertise required to provide critical analysis to project and forecast financial results. We use our expertise to execute strategic initiatives to provide internal clients, such as firm and divisional leadership, access to financial information more efficiently and effectively.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business.
DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Controllers play a key role in measuring and accurately reporting the profitability of the firm's complex products, services and businesses globally. Professionals work with each of the firm's businesses, gaining the expertise required to provide the critical analysis to ensure the internal and external financial information of the firm is accurate and that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Teams are responsible for profit and loss (P&L) reporting and analysis, independent valuation, capital analysis and financial reporting. Professionals in this function have an analytical mindset, exhibit intellectual curiosity and are from diverse academic backgrounds.
Corporate Treasury manages the firm's liquidity, funding, balance sheet and capital to maximize net interest income and return on equity through liability planning and execution, financial resource allocation, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio management.
• Teams: Corporate Treasury Engineering, Liquidity Management & International Treasury, Corporate Treasury Operations, Execution, Asset Liability Modelling, Resource Allocation, Chief Risk Office / COO
Internal Audit assesses the firm's internal control structure, advises management on developing control solutions, and monitors the implementation of these measures. Working in this department means you'll be providing reasonable assurance that financial reporting is reliable, there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the firm's operations are effectively controlled.
Tax ensures the firm's compliance with the tax laws and associated reporting obligations of the countries and local jurisdictions in which the firm conducts business. As part of the firm's second line of defense, Global Tax analyzes and supports the activities, operations, reporting obligations, and transactions of the firm's business lines to ensure that tax consequences and reputational risks are evaluated appropriately.
• Bachelor's degree (2018 - June 2022)
• 0-4 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
• Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Chinese
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
• Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
• Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
• Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
• Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID 300002238137827