- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
AVP – Greater China Investor Management
Location: Beijing, Beijing Shi, ChinaThe Role
This is an exciting newly created role which is critical for the strategic client growth of Moody's Investors Service (MIS) Investor Management Team within the MIS Commercial Group. Designed to support the demand for MIS Ratings in China and the Asia Pacific Region, the role requires for active management of investor relationships, ensuring they are aware of all relevant research, events and access to analysts. Additionally and separately, providing information on MIS products and services as well as collecting feedback on MIS in the market and shifts in investor demand patterns.
- Build and maintain a network of senior level relationships with key influencers and decision makers within the institutional investor community, targeting senior level professionals in investment, credit and risk management.
- Strategize new and growing segments within investor community such as Hedge Funds, Alternative Asset Managers and Private Equity to determine use of ratings in the investment decision making process and ensuring MIS is positioned to deliver and engage appropriately.
- Provide a senior level interface with investors to represent MIS's capabilities. Must be able to listen, acknowledge and respond to investor's view points and questions.
- Facilitate meetings for rating MD's, analysts and their counterparts at Investor organizations, so that investors have timely access to MIS opinions and ratings rationales and drivers.
- Understand investor benchmarking activity to indices and internal measures. Develop strategies to demonstrate differentiation for MIS
- Manage investor outreach activity and provide strategic direction for MIS Commercial's investor outreach objectives.
- Communicate and promote an understanding of new initiatives with senior level contacts
- Contribute to MIS Commercial product development process by providing feedback from investors.
- Provide feedback on research and investor behavior to ratings groups.
- Provide MIS with in-depth knowledge of investor organization (e.g.; perception of MIS current issues and challenges, role of ratings, information needs/gaps).
- Provide feedback on shifts in investment strategy which may include active vs passive behavior and endorsement needs.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in financial services sales, business development and / or corporate development role.
- Experience in working with rating agency relations or ratings advisory highly desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal, written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with change and able to navigate effectively in a multi-faceted organization.
- A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across the Moody's organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting deadlines and priorities under limited supervision.
- Evidence of dynamic, creative, thoughtful approach to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the most senior representatives of organizations.
- Candidate willing to travel as required in the region and more broadly.
- Strong academic background. Degree in Business, Banking or Economics
- Post-graduate qualification (Masters) an advantage
- Proven experience in working to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Understanding of the finance industry and the role Rating Agencies & Investors play
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and negotiate at various with strong persuasion skills
- Highest ethical standards and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent , dependable and teamplayer
- Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach
- Highly organized and efficient, Sound judgment -capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
- English, Mandarin and Cantonese spoken and written fluency is essential. It would be highly beneficial to have other Asian languages.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.