Role and Responsibilities will include Accounting and Collections; shared amongst 2 personnel.
Accounting (For China entities)
- Perform and verify accounting entries/activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct regular detailed account balance analysis, prepare schedules and reports, and present/support findings and recommendations to concerned departments.
- Maintain contacts with relevant internal and external parties to answer queries, gather information and resolve pending issues.
- Collect all information necessary to perform monthly reconciliation, perform monthly and annual closing in compliance with SWIFT quality standards, prepare regular reports, compile reports and deliver all required statements/reports.
- Pay special attention to quality of work (centres allocations, descriptions fields,. . . ).
- Identify opportunities for improvements of procedures, administrative activities, office automation, . . . and implement solutions.
- May provide technical guidance and advice to more junior team members.
Collections (For China customers)
- Review open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency, resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner while complying with all Company procedure.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Produce, maintain, review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures or tools.
A 3 year accounting or university degree in Accounting/Finance Experience
At least 8 years of experience, of which at least 3 year Audit related. FP&A/Collection/Customer Service experience be added advantage. Skills Good communication skills - fluent in Mandarin and English: spoken and written.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Good working knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
Quality and continuous improvement oriented.
Customer service oriented.
Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
Financial Control KL Team consists of the following functions; General Accounting Services, Contracts, Collection, Accounts Payable, Treasury and Tax. We are a dynamic team, focusing on supporting the business with high quality, efficient and trustworthy deliverables, without compromising excellence in security, compliance and people. We work hard, but we also make time to have fun. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Accountant to join us, and to be based in China.