Analyst, Strategy & Volatility Indices
JobDescription : The Role:
Analyst, Strategy & Volatility Indices The Location:
Beijing, China The Team:
Strategy & Volatility indices are a growing area in the indexing and investments landscape. Strategy indices encompass all of S&P Dow Jones' indices that are not market capitalization weighted. This includes smart beta indices, dividend, quantitative strategies including asset allocation strategies, and thematic strategies. Responsibilities:
The role is one of an Investment Analyst to support the Product Manager for Strategy Indices in the APAC region. The individual would be responsible for putting together analytical work to analyze investment strategies and create collateral (presentations, reports, etc.)
- Analyze investment strategies - portfolio analysis using excel and other programming tools. The analysis would require use of tools like Factset with which familiarity isn't needed but useful
- Create and update presentations and spreadsheets for various investment strategies
- Build familiarity with internal systems and tools to gather the necessary data to do the analytical work
- Plan, coordinate and implement the required tasks needed to ensure the smooth and timely launch of new indices. Deep involvement in product design working closely with the product manager and the Research & Design team
- Monitor and react to the competitive landscape.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Mathematics/Economics or Engineering/Sciences required. CFA designation desirable but not required. Proficiency with R, Python, or other programming languages a huge plus
- At least 1 year experience
- Analytical and Quantitative skills are a must. The position requires interacting with extremely sophisticated clients and the ability to learn and ask questions is paramount.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal in English are a must.
- Operating knowledge of indices is desirable but not required.
- Investment experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to patiently drive for results while maintaining good relations with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle steep learning curves; very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
The position requires an ability to deal with a high level of technical complexity. It is not expected that the individual be competent with any of the existing strategies out there but should have the background and the ability to tackle steep learning curves and drive discussions with extremely sophisticated clients. S&P Dow Jones Indices
, a leading brand of the S&P Global, maintains a wide variety of investable and benchmark indices to meet an array of investor needs. Over $1.25 trillion is directly indexed to Standard & Poor's family of indices, which includes the S&P 500, the world's most followed stock market index, the S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices, the leading measure of U.S. home prices, the S&P Global BMI, an index with approximately 11,000 constituents, the S&P GSCI, the industry's most closely watched commodities index, and the S&P National AMT-Free Municipal Bond Index, the premier investable index for U.S. municipal bonds. S&P Global
is a leader in content and analytics for the global capital, commodities, and commercial markets. The company harnesses the power and scope of data from its businesses to create integrated solutions that meet emerging customer needs, acting as a catalyst for growth worldwide.
Our businesses are: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices, S&P Global Market Intelligence, and Platts.
- S&P Global Ratings helps investors and market participants measure and mitigate credit risk through credit ratings, research and analytics.
- Financial professionals turn to S&P Global Market Intelligence for high-value content across all asset classes.
- Investors use the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and thousands of other indices produced by S&P Dow Jones Indices across asset classes to measure and monitor global markets.
- Traders, risk managers, analysts and industry leaders use Platts' price assessments and insights to enable informed decision-making across energy, petrochemical, metals markets and agriculture markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.