Assistant Relationship Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Provide support to GAM and RM as follows:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assist in the preparation of credit paper and reports, such as group mandate package, BCA package, credit memo, client briefing memo, etc
- Provide sales support to GAM/RM, such as prepare pitch book, search market and client info, liaise with various internal stakeholders in deal execution/ solution implementation/ transaction processing, etc
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAM/RM and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the deal execution, client service and ongoing account maintenance
- Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash, FX, loan drawdown).
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance, CRC, CDU and Clients on documentation processes
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Liaise with COBAM/GAM/FAM if required on CDD related items
- Bachelor degree and above in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 3+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Languages: Good English writing and spoken skills
- Basic analytical skill, with ability to analyse and present information
- Understanding of CIB banking product and services
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .