Assistant \/ Associate Director Sales Representative (Government Sector)
Seeking an experienced and results-oriented sales manager to join our fast-growing government sales team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with other Professional Services peers, Global and Regional and a client support team to help develop and close new sales opportunities in both green field and existing clients within government sector.
We are looking for someone who will remain hungry and excited to drive new businesses to the company. Proven sales expertise is a must.
Based in Beijing, the sales manager will be working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, roll-up your-sleeves environment where people work with passion and purpose. Everyone shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a collaborative, fun atmosphere.
Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, making territory plan and account plan. Keep high retention rate. Generate new business through cold call of new prospect in the assigned territory/ accounts. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with strategic guidance and product overviews. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively identifying and driving new business opportunities with potential targets in the government sector.
- Maintaining a pipeline of meetings, presentations and proposals in government client.
- Managing and supporting existing clients to generate and close new product and solution service sales.
- Understanding existing and prospective clients' projects and support needs, strategic objectives, purchasing criteria, political and other influences or constraints and decision-making processes.
- Presentation of solutions to existing and prospective clients throughout a consultative sales process.
- Attendance at industry trade shows, events and seminars (where appropriate).
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant industry influencers and promoting partner engagements and creating broader networks within professional services sector.
- Working alongside the pre-sales and service delivery team and assisting with the delivery and execution of large enterprise wide solution sales .
• 5 -10 years experience in a relevant B2B direct sales role, with proven track record of consistently achieving strong sales targets.
• Experience of working with government client as sales role is highly desirable.
• Experience in selling data or software solutions and services within to a multi-stakeholder, long sales cycle environment.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and expanding strong customer relationships.
• A strong business acumen and results driven with a drive to succeed.
• Proven ability to be an active listener who creates win-win outcomes for all stakeholders.
• Extremely disciplined execution, detail orientation, and follow through skills.
• Results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic.
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently and with a team.
• Ability to develop, articulate and present concepts clearly to clients & colleagues.
• Proven skills in collaborating with colleagues and clients to develop winning, compelling value propositions for opportunities that are relatively complex and where the solution is not always obvious.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient English language capabilities (business level proficiency desirable).
• Possess a proactive approach to problem solving, actively seeking opportunities for improvement with solutions in mind
• Ability and availability for domestic and international travel.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.