We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Private Equity
GIC PE is the Private Equity arm of GIC and invests through funds as well as directly in companies. GIC PE partners with our fund managers and management teams to help world-class businesses achieve their objectives. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors. Direct Investments Group, North Asia
The Direct Investment strategy in GIC PE focuses on sourcing and investing directly in companies by taking minority equity positions as well as providing mezzanine financing in buyouts. The geographic coverage for North Asia includes China, Korea and Japan . We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Direct Investments team in Beijing. The team invests directly in companies and also co-invests alongside GIC PE's fund managers. Responsibilities
- Part of the Direct Investment Group based in Beijing and will report to Vice President/Senior Vice President. Will support Vice President/Senior Vice President in sourcing, evaluating and executing investments in private equity deals in companies.
- Will focus on private equity deals. This will entail establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with counterparties, potential and existing investee companies. Additional responsibilities such as additional country coverage may be given to deserving persons in due course.
- Monitor assigned investments - support assigned GIC representative at investor / board meetings, interact with management and other investors on a regular basis, work on ongoing strategic initiatives in the companies, develop exit plans, etc.
- Be part of special projects as assigned from time to time (example - developing new analytical systems, market mapping of industries, etc)
- As a generalist, the incumbent will have exposure to multiple industries and stages within private equity.
- As an integral part of a small team, the Associate will be given as much responsibility as he/she can handle.
- Good academic qualifications with at least 2 years of work experience in a top-tier investment bank or PE fund.
- Experienced in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis
- Strong written and communication skills; good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Experience of working in Asia, and on Chinese deals would be favorably considered.
- Ability to work collaboratively in deal teams and assist in managing advisors/due diligence providers
- An MBA is not required; this person is likely to be pre-MBA.