CIB-GCB - Local Corporate Banker - Associate
CIB - GCB Corporate Banker Analyst
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Global Corporate Bank
The Global Corporate Bank manages J.P. Morgan's overall relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Clients benefit from dedicated coverage provided by experienced corporate bankers, who deliver the firm's extensive product platform: traditional credit product, private placements, ABS/Conduit, FX, Flow derivatives, Commodities, Sales and Treasury Services, Securities Services, and Asset Wealth Management solutions. We leverage the capital strength of JPMorgan Chase and extend credit to help clients grow their business in more than 60 countries worldwide.
An exciting opportunity to join the GCB team covering the clients located in South China. We are looking for an exceptional individual with the ability to grow our footprint and ensure we continue to deliver a best in class service on behalf of our clients. You will be enthusiastic and driven with the ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external clients at all levels.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
• Working with Senior Banker to provide extensive banking solutions to select clients.
• Remains current on all aspects of the credit relationship, including exposure, compliance, potential problems and opportunities.
• Conduct comprehensive client analysis to identify business needs that can be met with JPMorgan's broad array of corporate banking products and to help convert client analysis into concrete financial solutions.
• Maintains a calling effort and is aware of client's needs and cross-sells as appropriate.
• Leads or assists sales force in fielding questions from clients.
Provides credit expertise in structuring and/or pricing loan and derivative transactions.
• Leads or assists in negotiating and finalizing documentation for loans and derivatives transactions.
• Provides a cohesive and comprehensive approach to review ratings, risk assessment, portfolios, clients and industries in the sector.
• Co-ordinate client Know Your Client (KYC) standards for both renewals and onboarding of new clients.
• Detailed client screening (GFCC, sanctions, AML, anti-corruption, PEP, news, etc.)
• Responsible for client engagement and new transaction processes.
• Comprehensive balance sheet monitoring, including portfolio reviews and appropriate submissions.
• These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Previous experience in a Junior Banker, Assistant Relationship Manager or Credit Analyst role desirable.
• Strong accounting, finance, analytical and computer modeling skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong credit knowledge, preferably have either been in credit or debt capital markets.
• Knowledge of corporate banking products. An understanding of flow derivatives, FX, commodities, transaction banking and securities processing.
• Candidates should be mature, have a strong interest in client interaction, demonstrate leadership in their work, and possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to read and speak English and Mandarin would be desirable