Communications Manager - Internal and External
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Not specified
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Communications Manager - Internal and External
The Role: Senior Analyst, Internal and External Communications, APAC
The Location: Beijing
We are currently recruiting for a high-caliber Communications Manager, based in Beijing, reporting into the head of APAC communications for S&P Global Ratings, also based in Beijing. This successful difference-maker will plan and execute internal and external communications on behalf of S&P Global Ratings' initiative in Greater China. He or she must have a robust knowledge of the financial markets and strong track record in external communications: Generating media coverage, developing journalist relationships and advising senior internal clients, promoting the company's product and service offerings. He or she must also be skilled in developing and executing robust and effective strategic internal communications plans which align to the overall S&P Global and Ratings messaging on growth strategy, initiatives, policies, etc. and serve to engage and empower Ratings employees with effective, timely and consistent communication.
He or she will be a member of the S&P Global Ratings Communications team and a member of the larger S&P Global Public Affairs team. The individual will work with Ratings APAC regional leader to develop and implement a wide range of strategic communications activities.
- Work with the Ratings Communications Leaders and Ratings senior leadership to develop and execute internal and external global strategic communications that enhance engagement, shape and reinforce brand and culture in support of Ratings and S&P Global objectives
- Write key messages to be delivered to external stakeholders and Ratings employees worldwide
- Collaborate with corporate and division leaders, and other colleagues, to ensure global presentation of Ratings and S&P Global information; recommend communications best practices
- Partner with other S&P Global businesses to best support communications in showcasing our global brand voice
- Manage intranet content; develop feature stories, write organizational messages and create videos to promote corporate and Ratings strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Ratings Communications leaders and other colleagues across Public Affairs and S&P Global, to ensure global presentation of Ratings APAC information; recommend communications best practices for the region
- Develop and implement integrated internal communication programs and activities to ensure successful achievement of business objectives in Global Analytical Practices, Commercial, Operational and Regulatory & Control functions.
- Draft content, secure approvals, distribute and track internal announcements, events and other employee engagement activities; leverage metrics and insights to inform future communications.
- Work with S&P Global Ratings analysts and commercial leaders to plan and execute external communications activities to promote the S&P Global Ratings Division's analytical thought leadership and product and service offerings.
- Manage ratings-related media relations activities, including developing relationships with members of the media, drafting messages, coaching spokespeople, organizing events, pitching stories and handling incoming enquiries.
- Write press releases and media pitches in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners that promote S&P Global Rating's intellectual research, products, data, and research to the media.
- Identify success metrics and accountabilities. Employ analytics tools (including media tracking databases) to measure effectiveness of communications (emails, intranet and video). Prepare regular reporting to management.
- Analyze markets, identify industry trends, and pinpoint developing news stories where S&P Global Ratings' thought leadership can be proactively positioned.
- Work with Ratings and Corporate communications teams to keep the Ratings intranet pages fresh and guide the departments in managing their sites.
- Write, direct, produce, garner approvals and measure executive and employee videos.
Functional and Business Knowledge
- Has broad knowledge of communications vehicles and how to use them effectively for disseminating information and direction to employees
- Applies broad knowledge of S&P Global businesses to develop effective communications
- Able to influence direction and outcomes
- Works within own team and other functional or business areas to assist in improving internal communications
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in a communications function (preferably in financial services), whether in-house, for an agency, or in the media, or a combination
- University degree with emphasis in Communications, Journalism or related fields
- Proficient in writing and verbal skills in English and in Chinese (Mandarin).
- Excellent editing and presentation skills; must be detail-oriented
- Knowledge of financial services industry and regulated businesses is highly preferred
- Confidence, enthusiasm and energy - proactive approach to communications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in developing and executing internal communication plans for change initiatives or business transformation highly advantageous
- Experience of building engagement across remote teams highly advantageous
- Strong relationship builder; works effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be a team player and goal-oriented
- Ability to operate in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated competency in strategy and plan development