Compliance Officer/Senior Compliance Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The main responsibilities of the Compliance Officer/Senior Compliance are (1) to manage issues related to relevant financial and economic sanctions schemes, (2) to guide the Bank's processes with regard to Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and (3) to conduct integrity due diligence on the Bank's counterparties and clients. Reporting to the Head of Compliance & Integrity Risk, the (Senior) Compliance Officer will be part of a team of motivated compliance professionals applying global best practices.
- Provide advice and expertise on assessing and evaluating sanctions risk, money laundering risk and other financial crime risk, including reputational risks relating to compliance and integrity issues pertaining to AIIB's investments.
- Contribute to the development of AIIB's policies and practices regarding different sanctions regimes, AML/CFT prevention and its own due diligence pertaining to counterparties and clients' review.
- Support the implementation of rules and processes to ensure that the highest standards of KYC are applied to various AIIB activities.
- Review compliance of AIIB's investments with relevant regulations and integrity matters.
- Work with relevant AIIB departments to ensure that staff are well-versed regarding client and counterparties' due diligence processes and provide relevant training programs to increase employee awareness and knowledge.
- Liaise with multilateral and bilateral partners and AIIB members to improve the relevant compliance functions of AIIB.
- Keep abreast of the latest regulatory developments and advise internal stakeholders on their implications and specific business impacts on AIIB.
- Develop practical mechanisms to ensure that AIIB's operations comply with sanctions, AML and CFT requirements.
- Advise and assist operational staff with conducting KYC due diligence on relevant AIIB counterparties in respect to proposed and ongoing activities.
- Minimum 7 (or 10) years of relevant experience in the compliance field related to sanctions and AML/CFT preferably with a multilateral or bilateral development institution or financial institution (IFI); experience in two or more regions, including Asia.
- Working knowledge of development financing compliance rules and regulations with a specific working knowledge of UN Embargo, EU Embargo, OFAC, BIS and other regional regulations around compliance.
- Significant experience with sanctions, AML, CFT, KYC and policy compliance best practices, especially in an IFI environment.
- Demonstrated track record in compliance on a global scale.
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory requirements and create appropriate policies, procedures and training materials.
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements that are of relevance to AIIB investments.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries.
- Proven leadership skills with a passion for mentoring.
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills with experience in writing high-level reports for senior management.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Effective organizational skills and proven track record of results.
- Master's degree or equivalent in law, public policy, business, accounting, or finance from a reputable university, with financial institution compliance certification credentials (required).
- Candidates are encouraged to submit written work on a relevant topic alongside the application.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.