We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. Corporate Treasury manages the firm's financial resources and minimizes interest expense through liability planning, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio yield enhancement. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong quantitative analysis skills and risk management capabilities since Treasury actively manages the firm's financial resources which are constantly changing due to business activity, markets, risk appetite, regulations and other factors.
We are looking for a professional to join Our Treasury team in Beijing office. A successful candidate will be able to utilize his/her skills to raise funding from the markets, manage capital and liquidity of our China entities, participate in exciting firmwide strategy initiatives, and work collaboratively with other departments and teams to ensure the firm is well-prepared for normal business as well as for stressed scenarios. It is a great opportunity to make a direct impact to the bottom line through funding, capital and other resources efficiency.
Taking into consideration of an individual's personal qualification/experiences, preference and the needs of the team, we will assign the successful candidate to a subset of the following responsibilities
- Raise funding for the firm and work as part of the global funding team
- Manage various secured and unsecured funding programs, such as repo funding, structured notes, unsecured bond issuance, in partnership with other divisions
- Manage and optimize the firm's liquidity pool
- Manage and optimize firm/customer inventory and collateral
- Optimize the level and composition of the firm's capital base relative to its risk profile
- Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess their impact on funding requirements and regulatory capital
- Highly-motivated with good commercial perspective and ability to contribute in cross-divisional initiatives and projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail and good judgment on prioritization
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong verbal (native level Mandarin required) and written communication skills in Chinese and English
- Up to 3 years of Treasury or finance-related functions in a major financial institution or corporate. Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply
- Strong Microsoft skills are preferred. Experience in coding is not required but advantageous
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity