Depository Receipts Associate (Beijing)
The DR Associate will be a member of the Asian team within BNY Mellon as we enhance our market presence and expand our coverage in Asia. This role will have specific responsibility for the daily support of our Asia team. BNY Mellon is the leading depositary bank with over 48% market share globally. The DR Associate will support sales, relationship management and advisory staff with client service delivery, administrative tasks, analytical work and projects.
A core function of our team is to provide education and market intelligence to publicly traded and private companies on the benefits of establishing a DR program. The team works closely with issuers on measures designed to generate liquidity and visibility for their DR program among the institutional investment community. We generally face off with the senior management, investor relations and company secretaries of major companies in the APAC region, which includes some of the largest companies in the world. Our team expects a high performing and professional individual to start contributing immediately.
• Support the maintenance with new and existing clients for our Relationship Management team
• Maintenance of client and advisor database; sharing of same information with APAC/New York counterparts.
• Conducting company, industry and country specific research and analysis in preparation for company meetings
• Conducting investor targeting report for APAC clients
• Assisting with KYC review and requirements fulfillment
• Generating DR program performance analyses
• Inputting data into proprietary systems and other administrative functions
• Organization of training and marketing materials for regular client calling efforts; in co-ordination with his/her manager and colleagues in China, Hong Kong, New York and around the region.
• Development and maintenance of market and competitive intelligence data to update team on market activities or changes impacting the business base.
• Managing logistics support of ad-hoc special events
• Assist where necessary with operational and transactional enquiries.
• Continuous on-the-job training.
• Bachelor's degree is required. 1-3 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in financial services preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel
• Multi-tasking skills
• Detailed oriented and work independently
• Does the right thing - manages risk and ensures compliance
• Team player, but must be self sufficient
• Languages: English (fluent/advanced), preferred : Mandarin (fluent/advanced)