Director General, Operational Partnership
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Operational Partnership Department is responsible for administering the Bank's Special Fund resources including performing the role of Implementing Partner of selected partnership facilities; managing and coordinating the operational partnerships between AIIB and relevant multilateral organizations, fora and stakeholders; as well as managing the Bank's engagement with regional coordination mechanisms, with the objective of building relationships that can mobilize additional effort and resources for AIIB's investment operations.
The Director General, Operational Partnership, reporting to the Vice-President, Policy and Strategy, aims to increase the breadth and depth of innovative operational partnerships between the Bank and other stakeholders - including other multilateral development banks (MDBs), development finance institutions, global and regional platforms and coordination mechanisms, Special Fund Windows (SFW), private financial institutions and other partners in the public and private sectors - that can help the Bank to finance projects that contribute to its mission to finance Infrastructure for Tomorrow.
Responsibilities: Mobilization of special funds and resources
- Lead the policy development and daily administration of the Bank's special fund resources, including the Bank's Project Preparation Special Fund, and other special resources such as those from selected global partnership facilities/funds where AIIB is the implementing/technical partner.
- Explore and develop relationships with upstream and concessional finance providers (such as multilateral special funds, bilateral organizations and development finance institutions, foundations, and industry institutions) to create mutually beneficial investment opportunities.
- Provide guidance on the use of the special fund resources and other resources mobilized externally to ensure alignment with the Bank's Corporate Strategy priorities, in close coordination with the Bank's investment operations departments.
- Provide Secretariat support to the Bank's Special Funds Committee that oversees the use of such funds.
Strategic partnership management
- Lead the development, design, and implementation of a comprehensive partnership strategy for the Bank, in consultation with key internal and external stakeholders, to build and scale innovative partnerships that enhance the Bank's impact in achieving its Corporate Strategy goals through the mobilization of partner effort and resources.
- Lead internal coordination efforts to develop and manage cofinancing and other agreements with other MDBs, and coordinate the management of these key relationships.
- Oversee and collaboratively manage the Bank's engagement with existing partners and develop new partnerships in service of the Bank's overall strategy to mobilize private capital and reach 50 percent share of private sector financing by 2030.
- Support the Vice President, Policy & Strategy, in their role to represent the Bank in multilateral global and regional cooperation fora and, when required, represent the AIIB in relevant meetings.
- Lead the coordination of AIIB's role as Administrator of the Multilateral Cooperation Center for Development Finance (MCDF) Finance Facility, including developing and implementing relevant rules and procedures, liaising with MCDF Secretariat and with relevant departments/units within AIIB and providing updates to the AIIB Board of Directors on the Bank's role as MCDF administrator.
- Build a team of professionals who are capable of enabling effective utilization of special fund resources to support investment operations and implement the Bank's Corporate Strategy priorities.
- Provide effective and results-oriented leadership in organizing and managing the Operational Partnership Department.
- Ensure regular cross-departmental communications, cooperation and exchange of information.
- Lead annual departmental business planning and budget management.
- Other tasks assigned by Vice President, Policy and Strategy.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in catalysing partnerships between international organisations and the private sector;
- Proven track record in partnership development and client servicing in complex, global institutions.
- Operational policy experience in understanding and implementing relevant technical assistance activities funded by global partnership facilities such as the Global Infrastructure Facility would be an advantage;
- Substantial experience in project and/or infrastructure financing across multiple sectors and jurisdictions, including across Asia;
- An exceptional track record in achieving results and problem solving;
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Strong fluency in oral and written English, with the ability to represent the Bank in public forums with ease.
- Demonstrated ability in managing diverse teams and stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Master's degree in finance, economics, development studies, business administration, and/or related fields is essential.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.