The successful candidate will assist in the development and operation of ChinaAMC’s ESG programs under the direction of its team lead. He/she will assist in the financial analysis, portfolio analysis, risk monitoring, and other research projects. The ESG team will work in conjunction with various front, mid, and back office teams to design, improve, and maintain ChinaAMC’s ESG programs.
- Provide data analytics and research on environmental metrics at company, industry and macro levels, to help portfolio managers and the investment research team understand the impact of ESG risks and drivers on investment value and performance mainly in China’s capital market
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of ChinaAMC’s ESG research and analytical framework through rigorous research
- Conduct proprietary thematic research on ESG issues, policies and trends to help identify investment opportunities in Greater China, assist in the development and publication of thought leadership research papers
- Develop expertise in relevant subject matter, such as climate change, pollution, energy efficiency, and sustainability
- Maintain and monitor ChinaAMC’s ESG programs and propose recommendations for improvement
- Relevant professional experience in ESG or sustainable investment research; strong knowledge of environmental policies, trends and impact on industries and businesses, in particular in China
- Comprehensive understanding of asset management industry and financial markets, with the ability to demonstrate the investment relevance of ESG issues
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, and ability to work with large data sets and extrapolate meaningful information for investment research and decision making.
- Ability to produce effective presentations and reporting to internal and external parties, in both English and Mandarin
- Master’s Degree from reputable universities, advanced degrees in financial analysis, environmental science, or sustainability is preferred
- Working knowledge of financial analytical tools, FactSet, Wind, Bloomberg, etc.