Event Management Associate / Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Corporate Secretariat, headed by the Vice President and Corporate Secretary, is the focal point for communications among the Board of Governors, Board of Directors and AIIB's management. Among its responsibilities is to plan and organize the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors, Board-related meetings, retreats, International Advisory Panel (IAP) meetings and Board visits and consultation trips, in support of a high standard of governance and effective communications and engagement with the Bank's members and stakeholders.
The Events Management Associate/Officer will work and support the event management team of Corporate Secretariat to plan, coordinate and implement corporate events, including the Annual Meeting and other shareholder engagement meetings and events.
- Develop and implement event timelines and action plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved and expectations are met.
- Conduct effective and timely communication with all key stakeholders internally and externally for the successful implementation of meetings and events.
- Work collaboratively on the development of event content and programs to suit the purpose of the event.
- Work to ensure that messaging, styling and execution are consistent with the Bank's strategy, culture, priorities and branding.
- Initiate and manage event-related procurement projects in accordance with the corporate procurement policy.
- Negotiate with event vendors, prepare event budget memos, and manage post-event reconciliation and payment.
- Develop and implement post-event evaluation reports and act on the results to continually improve the delivery of event goals and overall participant experience.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in events management with proven achievements.
- Excellent English speaking and writing capabilities and ability to communicate with different audiences.
- Strong attention to details and commitment to deadlines.
- Event management experience with international organizations or multinational corporations is preferred.
- Knowledge of and background in project management and vendor procurement is preferred.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in political science, public administration, or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.