We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. YOUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize your accounting knowledge and further build your brand by way of controllership opportunities in Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting knowledge. This individual will be part of the team looking after the China corporate entities whose businesses include Investment Banking and Global Markets. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Legal Entity Controller team is mainly responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting functions for the firm's subsidiaries.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain the books and records for the firm's subsidiaries
- Prepare consolidation reporting packages under US GAAP
- Prepare financial statements under relevant local GAAP
- Prepare regulatory and statistical returns to regulators and government agencies
- Ensure that control standards are maintained and documented
- Work closely with other areas within Controllers, both in Asia Pacific and globally, as well as with other divisions
- Participate in cross-divisional projects for new business initiatives
- Develop a broad understanding of the securities and banking business and financial products
- Minimum of 1-5 year of accounting or auditing experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Strong control awareness
- Team player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel
- Ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues and tasks
- Working knowledge in finance industry
- Qualified accountant
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity