Financial Control Officer (ICFR)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Financial Control officer will be responsible for performing a wide range of duties related to the establishment, maintenance, and testing of internal controls in support of financial reporting at the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). These tasks include but not limited to (1) working with process and control owners to ensure the key controls are kept current, (2) providing guidance to process/control owners on the adequacy of controls, (3) planning and conducting periodic control testing, (4) reporting on results of such tests and (5) promoting a culture of risk ownership and control awareness.
- Assist in administering the internal financial control framework and procedures to help ensure the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting,
- Assist in implementing relevant directives, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to internal control and managing any reviews and updates,
- Maintain the Risk and Control Matrix library,
- Ensure the adequacy of key control design effectiveness including IT control and security,
- Ensure key controls are tested as scheduled,
- Report on testing results to the Executive Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee,
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of AIIB's Governance, Risk and Compliance system,
- Engage in other duties assigned by senior staff of Office of the Controller.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience with a multilateral development bank and/or large-scale financial institution, focusing on the IT control & security area.
- Strategic problem solver with a solid understanding of internal control over financial reporting.
- Well-versed in the COSO and ICFR frameworks.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Undergraduate or Master Degree in accounting and/or finance; a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation from a reputable and internationally recognized institution would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences, and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES