Full Stack Software Engineer - Compliance Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs is making a long-term commitment in China, with the incorporation of a majority-owned subsidiary. Over the next few years, we expect that our firm will become a major player in the local financial market, and we will deploy our institutional and consumer products. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic engineers to join us on this journey, and help build out a broad set of controls for our businesses in China. professionals to join our engineering team and help build out a broad set of controls for our China's business. OUR IMPACT
The Goldman Sachs Compliance Division prevents, detects and mitigates regulatory and reputational risk across the firm, and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance:
- Assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk
- Monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations
- Designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training
- Conducts independent testing
- Investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches
- Leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries.
Compliance Engineering empowers these activities by building and operating a suite of software platforms and applications. We are a team of more than 300 engineers and scientists who work on the most complex, mission-critical problems. We have access to the latest technology and to massive amounts of structured and unstructured data. We leverage modern frameworks to build responsive and intuitive UX/UI and Big Data applications, incorporating cutting-edge AI and efficient processes to drive them.
Compliance Engineering does not build tools in a silo. Our user base spans thousands of users globally. We partner with Compliance Officers across divisions, to fully understand the financial products, business strategies, and regulatory regimes. This knowledge enables us to build long-lasting software solutions, and to innovate with a purpose.
Compliance Engineering is looking to fill multiple full stack software engineering roles at the Analyst/Associate, and VP level. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of our team in China, you will partner across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create end-to-end solutions. You will be able to innovate and incubate new ideas, and you will learn and share knowledge across the organization. The team will be responsible for controls on a broad range of activities, from Sanction's screening, KYC, Entity Signals, monitoring of suspicious transactions; to developing large-scale graph and search platforms; visualizing patterns of customer or employee behavior in an investigative UI; and automating workflows.
Time-to-market is important, so we expect that as your team grows, you Your initial responsibility will initially provide the regulatory controls needed to expand our business in China using a mix of vendor solutions and tactical builds. You will be empowered to make vendor recommendations and selection, and you will work directly on these products, on enhancements, customization, and integration. You will also be building complementary controls, and helping to expand our in-house software products to be fit for China's requirements. To achieve this you will work with colleagues across the globe, primarily in the US, UK, and India.
A successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field of study.
- Expertise in Java, C++, Scala, Python, or a similar programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and data manipulation.
- Experience in at least one of the following: distributed systems, platform engineering, large-scale system design, data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, NoSQL databases, UI development with AngularJS or React.
- A very strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn and partner with others.
- The ability (and tenacity) to clearly express ideas and arguments in meetings and on paper.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken Chinese
For candidates at the VP level, we will also expect:
- Demonstrable experience in end-to-end solutions
- A track record of influence with senior stakeholders
- Prior roles with management oversight duties
Knowledge of the financial industry and compliance or risk functions in particular would be welcome, but are not necessary. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity